8 week pre-selection prep course?

nitrohuck

USAF
Verified Military
Hey guys,

I was just told yesterday by the special operations developer I've been working with that he believes there is now an 8 week preparatory course for recent BMT graduates awaiting CCSC, does anyone know anything more about this? I was under the impression that after BMT any candidates would head directly to CCSC once the next class began, so this was news to me.

An extra 8 weeks of preparation certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, but it came as a surprise when I heard it, and the developer didn't seem 100% certain. He said he would get more details, but perhaps someone on here has more insight?

It was described to me as being roughly similar to the Navy's pre BUD/s, and that candidates would be working with the CCSC cadre directly, learning what would be expected of them before going into the actual selection process.

I spoke to a training manager at the 350th who confirmed they are moving to an 8 week prep course for all Battlefield Airmen jobs (not sure if SERE was included in this). She implied that it would be put into place in the near future, however, I don't believe it has stood up yet.

If anyone is able to find out if they have a solid ETA on when this is going to be implemented I would be hugely grateful.

I am set to graduate BMT the first week of July, and am hoping I'll be able to participate in the 8 week course if it is up and running by then.

Does anyone know if there is a write-up of the course description or what it will entail? Sort of like the breakdown of the courses in the CFETP?

I heard through my developer that this program still isn't in effect yet, so I'm guessing the May 1st implementation date has been postponed? Anyone have an idea of if they have a new start date for the prep course?

I'm leaving on Tuesday for BMT and won't be graduating until July 6th, perhaps it will be up by then?

I heard through my developer that this program still isn't in effect yet, so I'm guessing the May 1st implementation date has been postponed? Anyone have an idea of if they have a new start date for the prep course?

I'm leaving on Tuesday for BMT and won't be graduating until July 6th, perhaps it will be up by then?
So, I have tried to let the conjecture and stuff run its course- the Battlefield Airman Prep Course is in fact about to be formalized and enacted. BA career fields will receive additional training, facilities, and mentorship from current BA operators and a host of other support entities, run concurrently with BMT (but separate).

There are a ton of really amazing/cool/groundbreaking things on the way that I won't get in to here, but even guys about to go to BMT are going to reap more benefits than guys graduating 3 months ago did.

More to follow, but I won't fuel the rumor mill with "inside info"; just be excited and wait for the news to hit as the AF wants to release it.

Bottom line- it's an exciting time for the enterprise.

So if it's going to run concurrently with BMT I assume Guard and Reserve will not participate? Reason I ask is because I am going the Air National Guard route and while we have the 1 level prep course prior to tech school I was just curious if it would add another 8 weeks on top of my tech school time.

Again, I don't want to put any information out there- although I feel like I have a very solid connection to the 'right' information, I'd rather hold it and let the facts truly shake out in their own time.

I'd engage your guard/reserve chain of command and keep your ear to them streets for announcements.

So if it's going to run concurrently with BMT I assume Guard and Reserve will not participate? Reason I ask is because I am going the Air National Guard route and while we have the 1 level prep course prior to tech school I was just curious if it would add another 8 weeks on top of my tech school time.
Yes.
Maybe.
Non-prior service ANG personnel should be doing the BA Prep Program (it's not a course yet). once it's fully running.
The first group is on the home stretch, and the second group starts 4 August.
We have BA Operators going over to BMT and running PT for the trainees with BA Contracts.
The plan is to have all the BA Candidates go to the prep course then start their selection pipelines.
We have an outstanding group of Athletic Trainers, Physical Trainers, Swim, Strength and Running Coaches (to include a former NFL Lineman).
The program is very similar to the program NSW runs.

Back