A Brief Intro

ScoutTyper

Marine
Verified Military
Good evening ladies and gents,

I'm currently on active duty in the Marine Corps as a 5974. For those that don't know what 5974s do, we are basically the comm dogs of the Air Wing (along with Comm Squadron) and our skills are most akin to IT guys in the civilian sector.

I am on ShadowSpear because I've always had a deep fascination with SOF and their unique missions. I'm sincerely interested in making a lat move to EOD when I'm eligible. I haven't been on this site much, but I was hoping there would be some members here that are/were EOD technicians. Honestly, I'm still so green (I'm a Lance that just became eligible for Cpl) that I have no idea what my real strengths or if it would be a good fit for me- I've just heard by word of mouth that it's a physically and mentally demanding MOS, and if I want a challenge then it may be for me. I'm in a non-deployable unit currently, so I have plenty of time to train, learn and absorb as much information as I can. I came here seeking knowledge from folks that have BTDT, so any advice y'all could give me would be much appreciated.

V/R,

ScoutTyper

This week’s been quite hectic so I haven’t been able to log in recently, but I wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome!

@racing_kitty Would you mind if I PM’ed you and asked a few questions?

Back