A few questions please

I

InnovativeScribe

Hi,

I have been lurking around here for a few weeks and I have several questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I am writing a screenplay about PJ's. I chose this area because I have an interest in Special Operations and medicine. I have never served but if I did I would of wanted to be a PJ that is if I was male. :-)

My first question is are PJ's assigned to other squadrons like a group of CCT's? Or do they have their own groups? How many are usually assigned together?

Are there many PJ's deployed to the Middle East and other places around the world? If so how long do deployments usually last?

I don't want to break any OSPECS so generalized answers will be ok. I want to get a better idea of what PJ's do.

My last question is what are some good PJ related books I should read?

Thank you very much

Cathy

Cathy,
A simple Google search will answer your first 3 questions. Maybe start on Wikipedia and use that as a baseline for further research. This site also has some Pararescue info.

PJ's are deployed to Iraq and Aghanistan. I'll leave it at that.

www.af.mil has a decent set of archives that will get you going with your searches.

Good luck.

When I was researching PJ's, one site that I found helpful was specialtactics.com if you have not checked it out yet.

Back