A question on recoil control?

This just to poke a stick at Pardus and the recoil thing...
Sorry this is not on You Tube, but you will understand what we in Oregon consider fun recoil.

[ame="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26109939"]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26109939[/ame]

Limited experience here:

Larry Vickers taught me not to use the mag well with my support hand. Without a forward grip it's better to grab the handrails farther up front and thus pulling the rifle into your shoulder tightly, bending at the waist slightly to aborb recoil with the weight of the upper torso.

I've seen alot of new guy's with rifles standing completley up straight and slightly bent rearward at the waist. This only give the rifle more room and less soldiity of the upper torso to recoil more than putting putting your body weight into the stock of the rifle.

Pretty simple for me, and yes I keep my elbows out of the "chicken wing" thing.

How was Larry Vickers training? I have heard nothing but the best about him. I even sent him an email a few days ago about the same question, no response as of yet :( But as I said, Vickers seems to have the right information....

What I have learned is that, you may want to bring your rifle out of your shoulder and into your chest more.
Granted this is better when wearing plates, But if you bend at the waste, like a fighting stance, keep your elbows in, face the threat, and keep the weapon centered. You may find a difference.
I can dump a mag on auto with this and get within a 12 inch group, and I can get sub MOA on repetition.
It also allows you to gain the muscle memory needed for good tranistion drills.
This is what I have been taught... From our big boys here in Canada. It's all adopted from the Blackwater training levels...
Not saying it is the best.... But it is what works for me. It is always harder to do these drills with a full length rifle, vs a carbine, or sub machine gun, however the principals are the same.
Keep everything centered, tucked and tight.

Usually with an eotech type or Iron sight. We had some ACOG's with the Eotech type holograph on top. Those were pretty good. Eotech is the best for close range and medium instictive shooting in my opinion.

With Auto, no more then 7 meters or so. Not very far, but you would only dump a mag on auto at someone for very certain circumstances.

Madness i tell ya!

-

It`s true that many of the more experienced shooters hold their hand on the mag well no matter what and can shoot just as good.

In a perfect world, we would have our bipod or a sandbag. We would have MK 262 mod 1 and not M855, we would have an ACOG. We would have the time to watch the wind, and time to dope the rifle.:uhh:

Reality is far far different.:D

Resting on the mag is a bitch, especially when you have your kit on with plates. Nevertheless, the platform is solid as solid gets. I have shot an M16 A2 regular iron, nothing special. No bipod, no special ammo. Resting on the mag at 600 yards, and stayed under 2 MOA. This is really good considering the M16A2 with M855 is only supposed to hold 3MOA.:2c:

Back