A tribute to a fallen warrior - by our own Ravage

Here is some infos about the ceremony:

The ceremony(ies) (unveiling of Purple Heart monument and presentation of Navy MOH by Navy to Post Office) will be on Michael's birthday May 7th 2008 at the Patchogue Post Office which bears his name (Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy Post Office building) on Long Island, New York at 11:00 am .. there is a second ceremony that afternoon at 2:00 or 2:30 with the ribbon cutting on a plaza with a black granite rear wall to the men (all names and awards) of Operation Red Wing and a 4' diameter black granite circular photo of Michael and MOH inlaid into the ground in the center of the plaza or piazza...

and who will show up:

The Post Office dedication is at the Patchogue Post Office on Long Island in New York....on for Wednesday, May 7th 2008 at 11am...dedication of a Purple Heart monument outside post office and Navy presenting Mike's MOH to Post Office along with bronze bust and portrait of team..

Trying to get equipment from post office to show video at dedication which will be outside under tents... Fire House also to present plaque with their patch on it to Post Office..should be large turnout..Mayor closing main road in town in front of PO and having a luncheon to follow...My son, Mike's team will be there along with family friends, community and Navy brass..

I hope some one will be able to make it to the ceremony.

If anyone wishes to attend the ceremonys here is some more infos:

... three events scheduled in 2008 on March 19th when Mike will be honored as Irishman of the Year and the 2 ceremonies on May 7th (Mike's birthday) at the Post Office and Mike's park at Lake Ronkonkoma where we are ribbon cutting on a built plaza with a black granite rear wall with the names of all the heros of Operation Redwing and on the floor of the plaza in the center a 4' black granite engraving of Mike and his Medal of Honor with citation...

Also, I would like to ask is there a chance that a simple boy from the "Old Land" could attend (I'm still working out the details on how to get into the US in the first place) the ceremony on May 7th ? any cheap hotels or something....

I anyone wishes to attend the ceremonys here is some more infos:

Also, I would like to ask is there a chance that a simple boy from the "Old Land" could attend (I'm still working out the details on how to get into the US in the first place) the ceremony on May 7th ? any cheap hotels or something....

That would be cool, Ravage! Out in Long Island this event is taking place, you can get a hotel starting at around $125 a night.

$125!!! Forget what ex is saying Ravage, we arent all rich :p

There are much cheaper places, I'll get info when I can.

$125!!! Forget what ex is saying Ravage, we arent all rich :p

There are much cheaper places, I'll get info when I can.

If Ravage is going to fly all the way over here for the first time, he shouldn't have to stay at the Hot Sheet Hotel. :p :p ;)

I've never even been to the Hamptons. :p

In that case, the 36th Floor Penthouse keys will do nicely.......lolol

Ravage....No need to get too worked up yet....

Call or write Mr. Murphy....explain to him what you're facing.....he took the time to acknowledge you and your video and my money says, he'll help....

Lt Murphy's SEAL team buddies, once they find out, (and now they will) will also back you....for that matter, I'll spring for a night wherever you have to stay....let me know...

If Mr Murphy took the time to send you this:

Mr. Murphy:
I saw your tribute to my son, Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy. Please contact me through Navy Special Operations Command in San Diego or at my e-mail {edited} and indicate who you are. We are having a dedication ceremony to all the boys in Operation Red Wing at my son's park at Lake Ronkonkoma (Nany SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park) and I'd love to arrange to show this tribute to the boys during the dedication ceremony.... can I get a copy of this or arrange to get a hard copy to play at the ceremony... Thanks.. {edited}

Then he'll DAMN SURE make sure you're there.....

SEAL callout.......PS....and ****** underway.......

Mr. Ravage does it again...

The Fallen SEAL's father sent our boy a nice present... Now don't be shy, post pics, let everyone see the little pretty you received.:confused:}:-)

Our Shy and Retiring Polish Joker PM'd me, to thank me for what little help I gave him (a swift kick in the pants to reply to the Fallen SEAL's family???) in getting his video out.

Ravage, this one's all yours, all the credit and thanks are yours.

Congratulations, again.

No, a Trident is something one must earn. But this is waaay beyond my expectations:

obraz001qe9.jpg

HiRes
obraz002gt9.jpg

HiRes

Thank You friends :)

Back