A war of wits: 160th, Task Force 145, and Zarqawi

Always the usuall formula: "Delta is such a secretive unit that the Army stil does not acknowledge its existence" bla bla bla. He sad the same thing during a docu on "Gothic Serpent", "Eagle Claw" and Pablo Escobar. Three times :uhh:
Always showing Rangers during USASOCOM CAPEX demo at Ft. Bragg in 2002.
Nothing against him, but I gues the command guys at Ft.Bragg are not happy with this guy.
Still, adleast I've got some great photage of MH-6 Little Birds thanks to Bowden :huh?:

I don't blame Bowden (well, not as much), I blame the guys who he gets his information from.

Uday and Qusay Hussein were taken out by TF20 which included my old unit, 327.

tf20-uday-qusay2-thumb.jpg

This pic has my brother in it. you see him with a water bottle in his pocket. The 'shooter' not wearing the standard kevlar on the far right. Is my big brother.

He was also driving the silver Toyota SUV visible in some of the other picture of the op. It was parked front left from the pic posted.

That TF was 120 I believe.

as for Marc Bowden, he's a piece of shiite, and I wont ever read anything he ever writes. It's not only the person he gets the info from, it's the author that releases non OPSEC and PERSEC secure data.

At one of his book signings, one of the Delta boys, walked right up to him in front of God and everyone and said, if this gets my friends hurt, I'll kill you. That is enough for me. .02

QUOTE from wikipedia:

See also: Los Pepes and Search Bloc

In 1992, United States Delta Force operators (and later Navy SEALs from SEAL Team Six) joined the all-out manhunt for Escobar. They trained and advised a special Colombian police task force, known as the Search Bloc, which had been created to locate Escobar. Later, as the conflict between Escobar and United States and Colombian governments dragged on and the numbers of his enemies grew, a vigilante group known as Los Pepes (People Persecuted by Pablo Escobar), financed by the Cali Cartel and Carlos Castaño (among others), carried out a bloody campaign fueled by thirst for vengeance in which more than 300 of Escobar's associates and relatives were slain and large amounts of his cartel's property were destroyed.

I am just restating what the 'third' author of Night Stalkers told me. I wasnt there, but I trust the man.

BTW, I am not trying to sound like a dick, wish I could type with voice emphasis.. lol

This pic has my brother in it. you see him with a water bottle in his pocket. The 'shooter' not wearing the standard kevlar on the far right. Is my big brother.

He was also driving the silver Toyota SUV visible in some of the other picture of the op. It was parked front left from the pic posted.

This SUV ?

Attachments

• aar.jpg
    aar.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 90
  • aaj.jpg
    aaj.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 89
The second pic, that doesnt show a civie vehicle, it is in front of far right HMMWV, out of sight. Silver blue, Sequoia I think. I have to attach my backup hard drive to get it.

Found it!!!

Here it is. I dont believe these pics have never been published anywhere before.

Steve

P.S> There's his truck.. ;-)

I knew I'd find it.. phew!!

Fourth pic was not needed to be sent. Disregard..

Attachments

• opti198.jpg
    opti198.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 94
  • opti196.jpg
    opti196.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 78
  • opti197.jpg
    opti197.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 79
  • opti195.jpg
    opti195.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 79
Pretty sure it was Killing Pablo.

I can ask LTC B.J. for sure, but I am almost sure that is what he said.

Speaking of:

The Yari Film Group is fast-tracking "Killing Pablo," the long-gestating biopic about the late Pablo Escobar, with Javier Bardem and Christian Bale toplining. Project, based on Mark Bowden's tome "Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw," has been in development for nearly five years. Joe Carnahan (Narc, Smokin' Aces) remains attached to direct.

Bardem is slated to play Escobar, while Bale is in talks to play Major Steve Jacoby, the Delta Force commander who led the hunt for Escobar.

Escobar's rise as a leader of the drug cartel in Medellin, Colombia, began in the 1970s. After years of terrorizing police and political leaders, Escobar was targeted in 1992 by a coalition of Colombian police and military, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency and the CIA; he was killed the following year.

Back