ACR Mags/Tango Down

8'Duece

ARC Mags/Tango Down

For all the hype around the new SOCOM tested ARC mags from Tango Down I can tell you that mine is a piece of crap !!!

I ordered some more PMAGs and one ARC/Tango Down mag and recieved them today. Not only will the ACR mag Not seat into the magwell without a hard tap on a closed bolt, it also will not feed the first round from the mag. :uhh:

Anyone else have these and what are your experiences ???

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 2009

ARC/L-001 30-Round Magazine

The ultimate polymer magazine has arrived! A true 30-round capacity magazine for the 5.56x 45mm cartridge fits all M16/M4/AR-series/FN SCAR-Light/M-249 weapon systems*. Advanced design and construction allows for the strongest, most reliable combat magazine ever produced.

Proprietary state-of-the-art polymers are combined to allow smooth, dependable feeding in a corrosion-proof unitized body. Oversized feed lips take constant abuse that would easily damage aluminum or steel magazines. Unique low-friction anti-tilt follower combined with a premium spring maintains reliable round delivery. Sealed modular design allows ideal straight-to-radius feed cavity, unavailable on any other polymer magazine.

Additional benefit of modular design means no floor plate to fail upon impact. Magazine body becomes a five-sided box, setting a new standard for strength. Impact that crushes USGI magazines has no effect on the ARC. Magazine cleaning is a snap, requiring no disassembly thanks to the slotted follower. A soft seal joins against the weapon magazine well on insertion to prevent entry of dirt and other contaminants, a crucial bonus in desert warfare**.

We designed in several features that make ARC user-friendly in harsh conditions. Large serrations on the front and back straps eliminate slippage when doing ‘push-pull’ magazine insertions. Deep ribbing on both sides enable a fast, sure grip when retrieving from mag pouches. An Open Water version is available, which features a self-sealing drain tab for OTB operations.

· The ARC magazine is available in several color options, including translucent for visual round count.

· The ARC magazine is manufactured using the latest in polymer Quality Control procedures, guaranteeing properly dimensioned components.

· The ARC will drop free from weapon systems, regardless of origin, and will also seat easily in a bolt-forward weapon with a full 30 rounds.

Note: ARC magazine model ARC/L-001 may not fit some magazine pouches, however custom pouches are available from TangoDown, Inc. Contact TangoDown for details.

* ARC/l-001, -001C magazines will NOT fit H&K model 416 rifles. New model for H&K 416 available soon.

** Military model only, commercial model ARC/L-001C has this feature deleted. ARC/L-001C fits all existing M4 style magazine pouches.

ARC is U.S. and foreign Patent Pending.

Options Specify Model # when ordering

Color: Black, SOCOM Flat Dark Earth, Foliage Green, Translucent (available soon)

-End-

Funny you should mention.

We're doing a thing all this week with Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn and both of them had both PMAG's and the new Tango Down mags. I'm using windowed PMAGs and so are some others. The rest is a mixed bag of USGI and HK mags.

The only failures I've seen in the last couple days were the TD mags.

PMAG's only here!!! I was looking to by some more synthetic mags and would have bought the ACR's but maybe not now!!!

Anyone see the new PMAG's for 7.62 yet? they are supposed to be due out MID 2009.

Can't find ANY PMAG's in Michigan A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!!!

PMAG's only here!!! I was looking to by some more synthetic mags and would have bought the ACR's but maybe not now!!!

Anyone see the new PMAG's for 7.62 yet? they are supposed to be due out MID 2009.

Can't find ANY PMAG's in Michigan A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!!!

If you want black only PMAGs Bravocompanyusa.com has them in stock right now. I'd order them today though. :cool:

HERE: $14.95
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-PMAG-AR15-Magazine-p/magpul pmag 30 black.htm

They also just got a batch of the "Ranger baseplates" for PMAGS also. They all go pretty quick though.

Hurry up !!!!}:-)

I just now spoke with the QC control person at Tango Down. He is sending me two mags to T&E and keep. If they work, then he wants me to send him this particular mag to see what the problem is.

At least TD is addressing my experience with this mag. Good on them !

Good for them!!! Gotta like it when they stand by their products and make it right!!!

Let us know if you like them. Maybe you just got a bum one!

We can only ship to the United States and US Territories.
Bravo Company USA, Inc can not ship out the United States.
Because of US laws, we can not ship ship to a APO.
Because of US laws, we can not ship ship to a APO.
US Military stationed outside the United States, please have your order shipped to your home within the US.

What a load of crap... What if that is not a viable option for me? I've been trying to get a set 10 of PMAGs since mid last year.

What a load of crap... What if that is not a viable option for me? I've been trying to get a set 10 of PMAGs since mid last year.

Have em sent to me. I'll T&E for ya then send them out to your APO address. :cool::D

Back