Advice on 4th Recon BN for Retread.

qss6387

USMC
Verified Military
Short story: I EAS'd as a Sergeant in 2009 after serving with 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Bn, C Co. I have 2 pumps to Iraq as an 0313 under my belt (first pump as an LAV-25 gunner, second as a vehicle commander). I finished my Bachelor degree in 2016, and have been running my families ranch in West Texas for several years. I miss the Corps and want to get back into the fight. I want to stay in the reconnaissance community and go the 0321 route. Im 30, in good shape physically and mentally.

As far as 4th Recon goes, C CO out of San Antonio is the closest company, then Albuquerque, NM.

Here are my questions:

1) Do the Reserve Recon Companies each focus on something in particular (jump, dive, etc...) depending on their geographic location and assets, or are they all uniform in their training?

2) Can a reserve 0321 eventually put in for the MARSOC screening?

3) Are any Recon BNs or companies still deploying right now?

I need to make an educated game plan before I initiate any contact with the recruiter.

I appreciate all the help.

All companies are slightly different but more alike than not.

I don’t know what options reservists have to go AD MARSOC. It is the same as any other reserve unit. I’m sure it helps to have additional qualifications.

I think the reserve recon companies are conducting deployments to Africa and South America. They were two years ago anyway.

Back