Advice

jonron9937

Unverified
Hello all. Just a quick question. I have been in contact with a recruiter from the 123rd Airlift Wing for the Kentucky Air National Guard. I have been given a few contact numbers and have called and left messages for the last 2 weeks. I have still though not heard anything back, and the main recruiter told me I would have to get in touch with them first. Am I just being impatient? Or do I just need to wait and keep calling?
Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

Couple issues here.

Yes, you're being a tad impatient. While I won't apologize for the recruiter, I am pretty sure you aren't the only dude they're helping. As well, it's a guard base- they might not be at work, might not be checking email, might be TDY, etc.

If you are trying to get to the 123rd STS, you should be calling them, not the wing recruiter. It's akin to you trying to get a job as a fry cook calling the regional manager from Burger King. Usually, guard/reserve units have their own recruiter.

Thank you. The recruiter gave me some contacts and that's who I have been calling. I called the wing recruiter because that is who the main Air National Guard recruiter (the one I called from the main GOANG) page) told me to call to ask if they have any of those positions available(PJ,CCT,SOWT). I will be patient and try not to be annoying to them.

Thank you. The recruiter gave me some contacts and that's who I have been calling. I called the wing recruiter because that is who the main Air National Guard recruiter (the one I called from the main GOANG) page) told me to call to ask if they have any of those positions available(PJ,CCT,SOWT). I will be patient and try not to be annoying to them.
Last weekend may have been drill weekend, a very busy time.

What are you looking at? CCT?SOWT?PJ?

Hey SOWT and amlove21, I got a hold of someone today and they were going to give my name and number to the SOWT team leader.I want either SOWT or CCT. I am honeslty burnt out of medicine (Im an EMT for a local ER and ambulance service) and do not want to go for the PJ route.

Thank you. My PT is ok, with one exception. I can swim and feel comfortable in the water, however there is not an indoor pool anywhere around. I haven't swam since last summer and that was just going to the community pool with the family. I'm just concerned how my 1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups, and pull ups are going to be like after the swims.

jonron...I am glad to see you got in touch with someone. I have been dealing with one of the STS recruiters there as well since last October. Unfortunately, he has been on medical leave since just before Christmas. I just found this out the other day and was given the number of a new recruiter to contact. So, just be patient because I am sure they are busy. I look at it this way...The only I can control is my scores for the PAST, so just keep preparing while you are waiting.

Hey SOWT and amlove21, I got a hold of someone today and they were going to give my name and number to the SOWT team leader.I want either SOWT or CCT. I am honeslty burnt out of medicine (Im an EMT for a local ER and ambulance service) and do not want to go for the PJ route.
Good luck.
Can you PM the SOWT name they gave you.
Thanks.

Hey guys. I just wanted to give an update. I was told by the recruiter to be able to exceed the PAST requirements and when I feel ready, head on up to take it. Again thanks for all the advice and I guess I'm off to find a athletic club with an indoor pool.

Back