After Bin Laden Raid, Fake Navy SEALs Are 'Coming Out of the Woodwork'

B

Boon

Well that's a shame, but I'm really not surprised. I'm sure the number doesn't include the internet posers.

Don Shipley spends much of his time identifying and confronting men who claim to have served among the military's most elite. Shipley told ABC News that he even before the Abbottabad raid he was finding as many as 20 fakers a day who attempt ed in some way to portray themselves as former Navy SEALs. But since the SEALs' role in bin Laden's death has been made public, the group has taken on an even more exclusive significance, and the number of phony SEALs has soared.
"Oh god, it has skyrocketed," said Shipley. "I can't even keep up with the amount of fraudulent claims and phony SEALs. Guys who haven't ever considered doing this are coming out of the woodwork, and we're nailing them as fast as we can."
Shipley said he had dealt with 15 to 20 phony SEALs a day before May 1, and the number has probably doubled since. He added that it's not unusual to find members of the clergy pretending to be former SEALs. "It's something with these guys who are in a position of trust that causes a lot of them to do it," he said. "The fact that they are in a position where whatever comes out of their mouth is believed -- I think that causes some of them to take advantage." Read more

This is so funny. When I got out in 1970 I went for many interviews and couldn't get a job. I finally went to an employment agency and the first thing they did was remove my service from the resume and any mention on VN. I went to work the following week as a Bodily injury adjuster. Nobody wanted to have those crazy dope smoking veterans working for them.
Time is change.
Bill

All those losers are ruining it for me. I spent all this time growing out the perfect sideburns and picking out the right sunglasses. Now I'm gonna have to figure out someone else to fake, to make myself feel "special"... lol

This is so funny. When I got out in 1970 I went for many interviews and couldn't get a job. I finally went to an employment agency and the first thing they did was remove my service from the resume and any mention on VN. I went to work the following week as a Bodily injury adjuster. Nobody wanted to have those crazy dope smoking veterans working for them.
Time is change.
Bill

You know, I was talking to a brown water navy vet this weekend who had the exact same story as the above. You didn't happen to have been in Florida in the past week, did you? ;)

If they are, and they live here, they should be shot on sight.*

*This is a figure of speech, please don't do this for real it's illegal to kill someone in the U.S. (and most other places) just for claiming to be AQ, see my case study thread in the "professional development" for the reasons why

Right after the Bin Laden story was aired, I told brother that there are going to be alot more SEAL posers coming out now.
I'm not in the military, but the lack of respect these losers have for the armed forces just drives me crazy! :mad: They wouldn't last 10 seconds
in the service, much less any "special units"!
Sorry, I'm done ranting.

Fake Navy SEALS should be forced to go through BUD/S...twice and then to prison on a work detail picking up trash outside military bases

I salute Don for his work

My wife and I met 4 SEAL posers in a local club one Friday night as the bartender/owner gave the guys a round of free drinks.They were talking to the owner about kills,bombs,and all the crazy ninja COD $^!# they could conjure up.I really didnt give a damn,but my wife slipped the bartender our Navy IDs and asked if we could get a free drink too. The guy looked at us for a sec..then back at the fags and said"yaknow Id ak-tually like to see you guyzess IDz too".
"Sorry bro were not supposed to show people our IDs we have a tippitie top secret class 8764187407ABCD4163076076or whatever card". I just sipped on my drink and tried to look the other direction as the drama unfolded.Soon a couple former Marines overheard the mess and jumped into the fray.
At that point she flipped out on these guys saying how they were FOS as she was buzzing pretty good.To make a long story short,security shoved them out of the club and my wife and I got two free rum n cokes 95 percent rum 5 percent coke. She wears the pants on weekends if rums involved.

Back