age and sfas

Absofuckinglutely, read the ranger handbook, the COIN manual and "the company they keep". SOG won't teach you much about SF today. It will just frustrate you, by wondering why SF isn't that way anymore.

Oh shit were evolving. Sorry

:) Got it. Looking through dad's Army manuals now.

And yeah not just reading Vietnam era stuff, also some new stuff too. Masters of Chaos, A-stan and the Troubled Future of UW, etc. good stuff. Above most 16 year olds heads. Which is sad... No one at school talks about that stuff except for in games.

:) Got it. Looking through dad's Army manuals now.

And yeah not just reading Vietnam era stuff, also some new stuff too. Masters of Chaos, A-stan and the Troubled Future of UW, etc. good stuff. Above most 16 year olds heads. Which is sad... No one at school talks about that stuff except for in games.

You don't necessarily need to read books on SF. Read what SF does. Hence the COIN manual. Learn the basics, then learn em again.

There is TRAINED/PREPARED and UNTRAINED/UNPREPARED. All ages and experience are welcome... between grouper's someone can do almost anything. Older guys WISH (like most) that they had gone sooner. Babbling non-sense-tically is my speciality.

If it makes anyone feel any better Mark Allen won the Ironman Triathlon at the young age of 37.

While I'm happy for Mark Allen I think I can speak for the board when I say that we don't care and it does not make us feel any better. I'll pay attention to triathlons when they incorporate a ruck run.

Look, you keep sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. A friendly piece of advice? Ratchet down your enthusiasm and desire to post. I'm sure you are sincere and trying to help, but honestly, you are digging holes and I'm tired of coming behind you with a backhoe to fill them in.

I was an asskickin sonofabitch when I was 56. Now that I'm 57 I've slowed down a bit. ;)

You can stay in great shape and retain great strength as you age if you work at it--but anytime after 40 you are gonna be more prone to injury. You can hump a tough course and make it, but you don't want a knee or your back going out at a critical time.

My 16 year old son and I are planning to learn to skydive when I turn 60...my wife would not allow it if she found out, but fuck her, :D, we plan to do it anyway. :cool:

I was an asskickin sonofabitch when I was 56. Now that I'm 57 I've slowed down a bit. ;)

You can stay in great shape and retain great strength as you age if you work at it--but anytime after 40 you are gonna be more prone to injury. You can hump a tough course and make it, but you don't want a knee or your back going out at a critical time.

My 16 year old son and I are planning to learn to skydive when I turn 60...my wife would not allow it if she found out, but fuck her, :D, we plan to do it anyway. :cool:

That's cool, there's a guy around here who skydives with his son, who has Downs.

Apparently his ex-wife isn't too thrilled, but it ain't her call. ;)

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/jun/15/nation/chi-father-son_bdjun15

Back