Air Force Eliminates Testing for SNCOs

E-8/9 testing was a joke anyway, as the board score can put a weak tester over the top.
Not sure how I feel about eliminating the test for E-7.
I’m great with it. Testing as an E6 is beyond dumb. Wrote memorization of history and doctrine is not what a SNCO is. I’d rather see that senior E6 go up against their superstar peers, judged by SNCOs than take a test. Lots of people that can’t lead their way out of a paper bag do average work but test great. This should manage that.

And yeah, @ThunderHorse the Army gotvtgst one right (no tests for E8/9). That’s why I like this move forvthe AF.

ETA- I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a stellar performer (but a weak tester) get smoked by someone that drops 90’s on both tests.

I’m great with it. Testing as an E6 is beyond dumb. Wrote memorization of history and doctrine is not what a SNCO is. I’d rather see that senior E6 go up against their superstar peers, judged by SNCOs than take a test. Lots of people that can’t lead their way out of a paper bag do average work but test great. This should manage that.

And yeah, @ThunderHorse the Army gotvtgst one right (no tests for E8/9). That’s why I like this move forvthe AF.

ETA- I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a stellar performer (but a weak tester) get smoked by someone that drops 90’s on both tests.
I'll take your word for it then.

Back