Air Force looking towards special operations.

Mr_FlightNurse

Airman, CCATT
Verified Military
Active Duty, Air Force critical care nurse, Second Lieutenant. Currently operating at San Antonio Military Medical Center in the Cardiothoracic ICU and ECMO transport teams. Background includes experience in Cardiothoracics, Trauma, Cardiology, Vascular Surgery, ECMO, Prehospital and Flight Medicine. Certifications include CCRN, CSRN, NREMT, to name a few. Worked in two level one trauma centers and a high level heart and vascular center.

Excited to dive into the knowledge and experience here at ShadowSpear. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Very Respectfully,

Mr_FlightNurse

Welcome! Nice to meet another CC nurse with a CTICU background!
Thank you, Sir. My CTICU background has given me opportunities I never thought I could experience at such a young point in my career. Looking now to moving into the special tactics community with an empty cup ready to listen and learn. Hopefully I can find some mentors and experience here!

Just the best one 😄
good evening sir,
in your experience, are the two enlisted slots, respiratory therapist (cardiopulmonary laboratory 4H0X1) and surgical assistant (surgical services 4N1X1) most saturated? they are what I wish enlisting with, planning to be flexible of course.
thank you.

good evening sir,
in your experience, are the two enlisted slots, respiratory therapist (cardiopulmonary laboratory 4H0X1) and surgical assistant (surgical services 4N1X1) most saturated? they are what I wish enlisting with, planning to be flexible of course.
thank you.
I’m not sure what you are asking.

I’m not sure what you are asking.

Not to speak for him/her, but just going to see if I can help since I have a similar question. I think what they are asking is do those two have the most applicants from that background per available spot in SOST? i.e. is there 10 surgical tech applicants for every 1 spot, but maybe on 2 CRNA applicants for every 1 spot (I saw from one of your previous posts that they were recruiting civilian CRNAs).

My question is similar, but in terms on the MD side, if EM usually has a lot of applicants per spot or if they recruit from the civilian world often.

I couldn’t intelligently speak to which positions have the most applicants these days. The Air Force has done a tremendous job of advertising SOST and lots of people want to join so expect still competition at selection no matter what job you are after. Somethings will always be true when seeking to join. Be a good leader/follower, team player willing to pitch in no matter how lowly the task, be good at your job, be in shape, dont quit.
As far as taking civilian Docs, best bet is to contact a health care recruiter for The current policy as things change according to needs of the AF etc
Historically I never knew of a lack of EM applicants.

Back