Air Force Special Operations Pilot charged with Rape

Bambi

Special operations pilot charged with raping senior airman

"According to the AirForceTimes.com, Lieutenant Colonel Michael B. Black, a C-145A instructor pilot and combat aviation adviser has been accused of raping a senior airman while deployed to Uganda and will face a court-martial in May. "

"According to the charge sheet in the case (provided by Eglin at Air Force Times' request) Black allegedly raped the senior airman once around April 28th or April 29th, 2017 and again sometime between May 1st and May 3rd in 2017."

"Black “is performing duties in support of the 919 SOW’s global mission and will continue to do so until his trial begins,” the 919th said."

It was new to me. No perspective to offer, just was spreading the article. I actually wanted some perspective from others to see how the Military will combat things like these, other than SHARP classes saying "sexual assault is bad."

The only true way to combat rape/sexual assault, is to openly prosecute the offenders, and once convicted, the death penalty should be a standard punishment.

On the other end of the spectrum, people who falsely report sexual abuse and they are caught. Should be openly prosecuted and if guilty, given at least ten year's.

I guarantee that would put a major stop to about 90% of all sexual abuse cases in the Military. Won't end them all, but it would definitely make people think before they act. It would also stop a lot of the false claims that get made...

The only true way to combat rape/sexual assault, is to openly prosecute the offenders, and once convicted, the death penalty should be a standard punishment.

On the other end of the spectrum, people who falsely report sexual abuse and they are caught. Should be openly prosecuted and if guilty, given at least ten year's.

I guarantee that would put a major stop to about 90% of all sexual abuse cases in the Military. Won't end them all, but it would definitely make people think before they act. It would also stop a lot of the false claims that get made...
So, someone convicted of a rape they didn't do gets put to death and the person who lied gets 10 years?

prosecute the offenders, and once convicted the death penalty should be a standard punishment.
Having been the victim of this type of assault in my youth, and knowing my assailant, I can assure you that not every assailant is in their 'right mind'. Cannot agree that death should be the standard punishment.

Yes I absolutely think someone who sexually assaults another person, should be put to death. No questions asked.

10 years is also a significant punishment for making a false accusations against someone.

Just my $.02

YMMV

Back