All Things MMA, Judo, Sumo

He just hates Conor that much
Some men are principled. Khabib is one of those men. And since his father died? Uhhhhhh, $5B isn’t worth Conor’s life lol.

Conor would accidentally mention Khabib’s dad and Khabib would murder him.

And remember, class- in fight sports, the referee is there to stop a fight when the loser can no longer protect themselves; if there was no ref, Conor is not much more than a folded Irish flag and a Sarah McLaughlin song at the ESPYs.

There are guys good at MMA (Conor) and guys that are fighters (Khabib).

Poirer safer (literally) bet for Conor.

The problem with MMA right now is there are no stars. In fact there have been no stars for awhile. Conor is one of the "stars" but he keeps doing stupid shit like retiring. Khabib is not and never will be a star.

Usman and Masvidal got something going on, and I liked the over the top bullshit from Covington, especially with the Trump phone call. But overall the UFC has been lacking of stars and getting those stars to fight consistently in the Octogon. There's also a lot of really old fighters basically taking up space in my eyes, but this has been the case in the UFC for awhile I remember like five years ago Damian Maia was headlining cards at 37. It's hard to push dudes out who keep winning fights but old dudes with no star power hurts the brand. Also, Bones doing drugs really put a hurt on both himself and the UFC because he was likely to be the Light Heavyweight Champion forever.

Khabib is a stone cold killer, but he is very unlikeable and doesn't do much for the brand.

Why does this matter? Well, Reebok is not extending their deal with the UFC and you can also look at the other sponsors. This has huge effect on payouts. I would need to dig into the data, but you go back to pre-reebok and fighters that had deals who were on the top end got huge appearance fees and win bonuses. Affliction was paying out like 150k+ for win bonuses to Cain. But UFC was also charging those companies to have the privilege of being on their athletes.

Everyone get ready for Venum.

The problem with MMA right now is there are no stars. In fact there have been no stars for awhile. Conor is one of the "stars" but he keeps doing stupid shit like retiring. Khabib is not and never will be a star.

Usman and Masvidal got something going on, and I liked the over the top bullshit from Covington, especially with the Trump phone call. But overall the UFC has been lacking of stars and getting those stars to fight consistently in the Octogon. There's also a lot of really old fighters basically taking up space in my eyes, but this has been the case in the UFC for awhile I remember like five years ago Damian Maia was headlining cards at 37. It's hard to push dudes out who keep winning fights but old dudes with no star power hurts the brand. Also, Bones doing drugs really put a hurt on both himself and the UFC because he was likely to be the Light Heavyweight Champion forever.

Khabib is a stone cold killer, but he is very unlikeable and doesn't do much for the brand.

Why does this matter? Well, Reebok is not extending their deal with the UFC and you can also look at the other sponsors. This has huge effect on payouts. I would need to dig into the data, but you go back to pre-reebok and fighters that had deals who were on the top end got huge appearance fees and win bonuses. Affliction was paying out like 150k+ for win bonuses to Cain. But UFC was also charging those companies to have the privilege of being on their athletes.

Everyone get ready for Venum.
Don't disagree with much you said. If I wanted showmanship, cut takes, kayfabe... I would watch wrestling.

I want to see violence. That's about it.

Some men are principled. Khabib is one of those men. And since his father died? Uhhhhhh, $5B isn’t worth Conor’s life lol.

Conor would accidentally mention Khabib’s dad and Khabib would murder him.

And remember, class- in fight sports, the referee is there to stop a fight when the loser can no longer protect themselves; if there was no ref, Conor is not much more than a folded Irish flag and a Sarah McLaughlin song at the ESPYs.

There are guys good at MMA (Conor) and guys that are fighters (Khabib).

Poirer safer (literally) bet for Conor.
Agree with all. I like Gaethje but I want Khabib to win and put his undefeated record against GSP, but I have no fing idea who I would root for in that fight.

Last edited:
Agree with all. I like Poirer but I want Khabib to win and put his undefeated record against GSP, but I have no fing idea who I would root for in that fight.
I know Khabib wants that fight, but that's annoying. I'm tired of these old fuddies sticking around, but how much do you think GSP would need to come out of retirement for what would likely be him getting knocked the eff out?

Don't disagree with much you said. If I wanted showmanship, cut takes, kayfabe... I would watch wrestling.

I want to see violence. That's about it.

In general I'm not a "fan" of MMA anymore. I'm here literally to see violence, but I was just musing about that stuff since I look at a lot of things through a different lens post law school.

I know Khabib wants that fight, but that's annoying. I'm tired of these old fuddies sticking around, but how much do you think GSP would need to come out of retirement for what would likely be him getting knocked the eff out?

In general I'm not a "fan" of MMA anymore. I'm here literally to see violence, but I was just musing about that stuff since I look at a lot of things through a different lens post law school.

I get it it but it would just be a fun one to watch, a lifetime grappler against the old karate guy who turned himself into one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Two greats that would actually be respectful of each other and put on an amazing display of athleticism. Would not make a difference to me if it was for the title or not, and I hope hope they both get paid an obscene amount of money.

I get it it but it would just be a fun one to watch, a lifetime grappler against the old karate guy who turned himself into one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Two greats that would actually be respectful of each other and put on an amazing display of athleticism. Would not make a difference to me if it was for the title or not, and I hope hope they both get paid an obscene amount of money.
Last I heard, GSP was out indefinitely due to the ulcerative colitis he developed while bulking up for the Bisping fight.

Excluding colitis, I think Khabib would turn him into a human punching bag at this point.
His wrestling, at best, would be equal with Khabib’s; and I don’t see him winning a striking match. Khabib’s in and out movement, circling, (and footwork in general), looked superb in the Mcgregor fight.
I still remember how GSP’s face looked after fighting Shields, so I would imagine Khabib would leave him looking like a hot mess.

This weekend I came across Chael Sonnen's video podcasts. VERY interesting, not what I expected at all. Guy is a natural at storytelling. I will watch again.

I didn't watch the MMA Fight night...but how about about Lomachenko v Lopez?
T. City looks nasty- rest of the card was ok, Andrade looked dominant.

That Lomenchenko fight was FIRE. I haven’t enjoyed a boxing match in a long, long time. Great story for Lopez too.
This weekend I came across Chael Sonnen's video podcasts. VERY interesting, not what I expected at all. Guy is a natural at storytelling. I will watch again.
He’s amazing, right??? I’m glad he’s stayed away from color commentator duties cage side, but he’s got to be the most entertaining dude in those circles. Definitely better than Schaub.

Chael's an amazing speaker, and an even better trash talker.
T. City looks nasty- rest of the card was ok, Andrade looked dominant.

That Lomenchenko fight was FIRE. I haven’t enjoyed a boxing match in a long, long time. Great story for Lopez too.

He’s amazing, right??? I’m glad he’s stayed away from color commentator duties cage side, but he’s got to be the most entertaining dude in those circles. Definitely better than Schaub.
This is one of my favorite speeches; the environment changes, but the act doesn't. It starts about half way through.

I'm surprised Khabib retired, but less so once he said why.

Dude is 100% about his family and his word. Hope to still see him around as a coach.

Life is suffering, we are in a cosmic abyss toiling away for nothing other than fleeting gains that will be gone as the sun sets. We do this, this hamster wheel of life running constantly for nothing other than the fact that we don't know any better. If there truly was a God, we would recieve a sign, a message, a herald declaring his presence. But this match, this non sensical aberration of a combat sporting event is a blatant mockery for all things good and fleeting in the world.

This, this is the sign that there is no God and life is meaningless.

Life is suffering, we are in a cosmic abyss toiling away for nothing other than fleeting gains that will be gone as the sun sets. We do this, this hamster wheel of life running constantly for nothing other than the fact that we don't know any better. If there truly was a God, we would recieve a sign, a message, a herald declaring his presence. But this match, this non sensical aberration of a combat sporting event is a blatant mockery for all things good and fleeting in the world.

This, this is the sign that there is no God and life is meaningless.
I will not watch or promote the watching of that shit.

Back