All Things MMA, Judo, Sumo

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
As opposed to a bunch of different threads on specific fights/cards, we can now just use this one for all things MMA related.

Watching the FS1 fights this past weekend- holy Gastellum. That dude is a straight savage. Tuned up Tim Kennedy and owned Vitor. That dude is legit.

Anyone excited for the Rumble/DC fight?

As opposed to a bunch of different threads on specific fights/cards, we can now just use this one for all things MMA related.

Watching the FS1 fights this past weekend- holy Gastellum. That dude is a straight savage. Tuned up Tim Kennedy and owned Vitor. That dude is legit.

Anyone excited for the Rumble/DC fight?
Huge fan of D.C. as a fighter and a man. Rumble, not so much as a man but his style is one of the most entertaining in the UFC. Never know how a fight will go when a guy is throwing leather like that.

Yeah I think that will be a wrestling match. I'd like to see GSP vs Nick Diaz again or bring Anderson Silva back for a super fight.

Having GSP do a tune up against a Champion just ruins the identity of a championship. Bisping has earned something better. Then you add the whole crossing weight classes bit. GSP is not Conor, I don't think he draws like they think he does.

On the other hand...this could be an awesome fight...and again it just destroys the MW belt.

So this is official now?

I'm really trying to decide how much, if at all, I really care.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor head-to-head | Daily Mail Online
Kinda looking forward to this, to be honest. Sure, Conor is going to get destroyed, but boxing has been so dull for years that it really needs to kind of odd matchup. The only advantage I can see Conor taking into the fight is his weight and reach. Floyd, though, has such good ringcraft as to negate even those two attributes.

1. Conor will lose.
2. Conor will not get destroyed.
3. Floyd doesn't have knockout power.
4. Conor has knockout power.
5. Conor could win in a KO.
6. Floyd's style is boring as hell and defensive, lands more punches, pretty sure he wins.

That should be interesting, Dan Bilzerian is a physical beast, but not sure of what fighting skills if any he may have.

On a side note, how fucking awesome would it be to be that dude for one fucking day? I'm no fan-boy, but holy shit that dude knows how to live.

When it comes to McGregor vs Mayweather, I kinda gotta agree with thunderhorse.

Overall, I'm thinking either McGregor wins with a round 1-2 KO, or Mayweather wins late game, or by decision, with a Mayweather win being more likely

Back