All Things MMA, Judo, Sumo

Demetrious Johnson is not amused: DJ fires back: ‘UFC’s mistreatment and bullying has finally forced me to speak out’

I'll be honest, UFC has a lot of issues. I'm wondering how much of that is Dana White's ego or the new owners push for continued cash flow. The fighters in the UFC unlike Boxing literally have no power. In Boxing it's not centrally contracted so a belt-holder has tons and tons of blue chips. Whereas the UFC literally doesn't seem to care. So to that effect DJ needs to promote himself to the point where the UFC is forced to promote him.

Last edited:
Agree but...

Jones and his multiple illegal substance (performance enhancing) suspensions make me wary of him.
SO, I have seem him train in real life (here in ABQ) and I have talked about him at length with Greg Jackson and some of his other skill-work coaches. He's fucked up in the past with his behavior, and that's no lie, but Jones wins this fight.

If he wasn't an immature dude that has a really bad habit of not listening to those close to him, we would be talking right now about the reign of the unbeatable phenom Jon Jones, and not crossing our fingers hoping that he just makes it to the event. Jon Jones is the scariest man on the planet as far as combat sports are concerned.

Here he is, in his off time, beating Dan Henderson in a grappling match playing around with takedowns he learned that top level blackbelts don't frequently pull off. Dan Hnderson is a gold medal winning grappling legend.

ETA- Wrong video, my b.

Last edited:
Cool insight, thanks for that.
Seeing him in person is like watching a video game. He literally spars with fresh guys, 6-8 rounds with a minimal break, new fresh guy every round. And he wins. And he never stops. It's honestly awe-inspiring.

He spent his suspension falling in love with BJJ and getting way, way better.

I like Cormier as a dude and as a fighter, but he's not the champ, and Jones is gonna hand him an ass whooping.

Cormier is the Champ. Earned it in defense.

Cormier is 0-1 against Jones. Cormier got the belt on a technicality. Cormier is not the champ.

Just because Cormier beat Johnson (twice), an uninspiring Anderson Silva, and Gustafssen in 'defense' means very little.

Same with Conor and his featherweight belt. You think Holloway is the champ in that division because Conor vacated the title? Absolutely not.

Moot issue- Cormier loses again.

Cormier is the champ.

Conor didn't do drugs. Jones should be relegated to the WWE.
Because.... why? Why would you want to see the most naturally gifted fighter ever leave the sport?

I do hope DC wins. I like his style, I like a dude with a dad bod crushing the big guys, I admire what he's overcome and how he's over come and capitalized on past failures.

With that said Jones is still the "champ" in that he never lost that belt.

Yeah whatever his transgressions (and they are many), he served his suspension and he's on the roster.

Fun story, last night I was rolling with my black belt, dude submitted me like, 15 times. We have this rule at the gym though- if a lower belt gets a good position, regardless of the actual outcome of the fight, the lower belt wins! Well, a scramble happened, I ended up in mount for 3 seconds!! Secured the position! He immediately reversed it and heel hooked me.

So yeah, in man to man single combat, he whooped my ass and I'm 0-1 against him. But I DESTROYED 3 other brand new white belts after that, so it looks like I am the gym champion now, cause I beat the black belt on a technicality after losing and defended my title against lesser opponents.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We'll see as far as the results are concerned.

It's Bones job to earn the belt back in the ring. I'm more in line of the Tim Kennedy thinking when it comes to Performance Enhancing drug use in sports, ban for life.

Or there's the argument for open season use of PEDs. Using PEDs is a conscious choice.

Fun story, last night I was rolling with my black belt, dude submitted me like, 15 times. We have this rule at the gym though- if a lower belt gets a good position, regardless of the actual outcome of the fight, the lower belt wins! Well, a scramble happened, I ended up in mount for 3 seconds!! Secured the position! He immediately reversed it and heel hooked me.

So yeah, in man to man single combat, he whooped my ass and I'm 0-1 against him. But I DESTROYED 3 other brand new white belts after that, so it looks like I am the gym champion now, cause I beat the black belt on a technicality after losing and defended my title against lesser opponents.

In my defense, you're conditioning is better than mine.

Also, Jones "did the time" and if the UFC wants him to fight, I'm cool with its decision.

I agree with most of what has been said about Jone being the champ. My only counter would be his one fight in a USADA world was against OSP. He did not look, at all, like the Jones we are used to seeing. If that is the Jones that fights Cormier, I think Cormier wins.

On the other hand, I think Jones hates Cormier and wants nothing more than to prove a point. Like him taking Cormier down in their first fight 3 times just to show he could.

ETA: I can't wait to watch this card. Maia vs Woodley is another fight I can't wait to watch.

Back