Am I ready for Regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwa

Unverified
Hello everyone, I am currently a 13F going through AIT. During my time here I got the opportunity to volunteer for Ranger Bat. My question is am I ready for RASP. This has been a dream of mine for a while. My current PT score is 281. I can do 71 good pushups(more if I do lousy ones but rangers want quality), 86 situps 10 pullups and run the 2 mile in 14:17. My run is probably my biggest weakness. While in AIT it is difficult to focus on running. I do when I am on pass but thats the only time I can do long runs. The good news is I'll be a holdover for a while (about 2 months) during which I'll have more freedom to focus on running. All of this is to say this. Should I follow through?

I'd say your your PT scores seem good, but I'm not a Ranger; I'll let someone more qualified give you a better answer on that in particular.
As to should you follow through; absolutely.
You're currently in AIT; you literally have nothing to lose in attempting RASP.
Just don't get lazy if you are in holdover for a while; keep fit, keep dedicated.
Best of luck.

@jwa
In my zeal to answer your question, I didn't quite look at your username.

You've already started a thread on this.
Am I ready for RASP

Let's keep the discussion over there, so others who might have this question in the future don't need to pour through a bunch of excess threads.

I'm sure Mods can/will combine these threads.

My run is probably my biggest weakness.

Your biggest weakness is not your run. It is your inability to follow simple instructions. I told you in the other thread not to take advantage of the goodness of members here, now I am telling you again. Use the search function, ask specific questions, and don't freeking start threads on a topic you've already started a thread on.

All of this is to say this. Should I follow through?
Fucking hell.

Now please go back to the original thread if you want to ask that question.

Am I ready for RASP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back