American IS fighter: I made a bad decision

Bad decision?
No, getting a neck tattoo is a bad decision.
This kid knowingly walked into a situation to take up arms against the United States.
And like a typical American twenty-something, he only quit because it was "hard".

But since he didn't make it all the way to the point where those with extensive religious training find themselves out-classed by those with extensive advanced marksmanship training, I doubt he'll even get a sentence as long as John Walker Lindh, who is scheduled for release in three years and two months...

We're already giving them plenty.
The Israelis fought off the better part of the Arab world shortly after their inception as a country. The Iraqis are barely holding it together even WITH the support of the American Winning Machine.

I agree, we give them way more than they should need at this point.

Iraqis are barely holding it together even WITH the support of the American Winning Machine.

When they allow it. They already restrict certain electronic data to specific coalition nations. We had an incident last year where our a/c were prosecuting a target in Iraq and some Iraqi F-16's showed up. They did whatever they felt like and then complained when we told them to stay out of the kill box. Now we can have the biggest TIC on the planet supported by everything in our arsenal and if a single C-208 trainer flies into that airspace we have to stop and let him take his joy ride.

The Iraqis want our help and money, but on their terms. We're propping up their toilet and they want to dictate terms to us?

I'd let them burn and spill the "why" on every media outlet possible.

When they allow it. They already restrict certain electronic data to specific coalition nations. We had an incident last year where our a/c were prosecuting a target in Iraq and some Iraqi F-16's showed up. They did whatever they felt like and then complained when we told them to stay out of the kill box. Now we can have the biggest TIC on the planet supported by everything in our arsenal and if a single C-208 trainer flies into that airspace we have to stop and let him take his joy ride.

The Iraqis want our help and money, but on their terms. We're propping up their toilet and they want to dictate terms to us?

I'd let them burn and spill the "why" on every media outlet possible.

Take oil out of the equation and our ability to spank the children in power in Middle East during wartime would become way easier for the U.S. and it's allies.

That is, if we'd even be interested in spilling blood and treasure in that region at all such a case.

Until the taps run dry or we get smart and develop other energy sources, though, wrapping up one war just means the start of preparation for the next at this point.

America, Oil, and War in the Middle East

Back