Ammo Prices

Well, it is a computer course... "We train to standard!" Hmm, what standard? "FRAGO! standby, opsec, IOTV, carry on!" Uhhh... roger...

Lol... Before I went to HOA I had to complete a SERE computer course. :ehh:

I gots to call me some bullshit on this one. Anyone who has ever seen MRAPs drive on Bagram will know that there isn't one ounce of safety involved. Driving an MRAP on Bagram is the closest you can come to obtaining a "Double-0" number. Stop signs, crosswalks, speed limits, no passing zones...they matter not to the fabled MRAP driver.

Don't forget the DUI roadblocks...or so I've heard.8-) This station does neither condone nor endorse buzzed MRAP driving.

Don't forget the DUI roadblocks...or so I've heard.8-) This station does neither condone nor endorse buzzed MRAP driving.
We actually have ("we" as in the base, not my company) have two contractors who drive an LMTV to meals rather than walk for 10 minutes. The MRAPs/ MATV's are the worst though.

Yeah, I think one year on Disney they had DUI checkpoints within SIGHT of one another and still you had to stop at each one.

Since nobody mentioned it, I will.

This is an order for 450 million hollow points.

Anybody here routinely burn off HOLLOW POINTS at the range?

This is not training ammo.

It's not just ammo that is hard to get. Back at SHOT show, every one of the vendors that I spoke to were surprised at the high attendance and increase in orders from dealers. I can tell you that for my company, last month we blew past any previous months record for sales and this month seems headed in the same direction. I am also finding it more difficult to re-order certain items. I think part of it is the election cycle, part of it is increased interest in preparedness...as in all of the preppers shows.

Since nobody mentioned it, I will.

This is an order for 450 million hollow points.

Anybody here routinely burn off HOLLOW POINTS at the range?

This is not training ammo.

I frequently shoot with the BP here in Tucson, they qual/practice with the same ammo they carry, pistol and rifle.

I frequently shoot with the BP here in Tucson, they qual/practice with the same ammo they carry, pistol and rifle.
Seems like a great place for the GSA to come in and save America a few hundred million in needless waste.

Shooting practice with hollow points seems extremely wasteful unless you are part of a tactical team or a unit that requires extraordinary connectedness with the intricacies of how your weapon shoots. And if you're one of those guys, you're worried about temperature, elevation and a few other things, too. I totally understand the need for those specialized kinds of shooters to train and practice with ammo they are going to be using, but the number of guys within the DHS that need that kind of training must number in the single digit thousands, not tens of thousands, much less hundreds of thousands.

I could be wrong, and welcome the correction by those within the DHS, TSA, Agricultural departments, and others who see a need to train by burning off expensive ammo.

Of course the GSA has their hands full right now, LOL.

I cleaned out three Academy Sports & Outdoors stores, the three within 15 miles of my house. Figured I would share with all you guys who bitch about the dude who buys all the ammo out, etc!:thumbsup:}:-)
LOL. And that just put you on the black helo visitation list. :rolleyes:

Back