An Officer Hates Nickelback So Much He Banned It From His Command Post

This is pure gold for the Airpeople out there:

Commander Embraces Basic Decency, Bans Nickelback in Workplace - John Q. Public

The only thing wrong with this masterpiece is that it doesn’t go far enough. Inflicting Nickelback on co-workers should be considered workplace terrorism. It should be logged as an “active shooter” incident. It should give rise to civil actions for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress … with automatic triple damages to mirror the number of chord structures employed by the group in the course of their many abusive and unnecessary quasi-musical releases.

nickelbackmeme.jpg

something more mind stealing than all of the above, or nickelback...

Yup... Belgian early new wave.... too much time in Europe during the not-so-cold-war.....

I could make it worse..... really... I could... there is some German stuff out there that's worse...

Bauhaus, sisters of mercy, X, yeah it could be much worse.... bwahahahahaha....

maybe I'll search some awful new stuff, like iggy azalea.

Speaking of @CQB , I used to like these guys. The music, that is...the video is of a dude jumping around kicking sand. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Il Duce (pretty sure it was you?) and I got invited to do a radio show when we were stationed in Korea. The station asked what song we wanted played as the lead up to our segment. I wanted "This Is How You Remind Me" and I'm pretty sure Il Duce shot it down. We may have compromised on Sweet Home Alabama. #ConfessionsOfACompanyGrade

@Il Duce (pretty sure it was you?) and I got invited to do a radio show when we were stationed in Korea. The station asked what song we wanted played as the lead up to our segment. I wanted "This Is How You Remind Me" and I'm pretty sure Il Duce shot it down. We may have compromised on Sweet Home Alabama. #ConfessionsOfACompanyGrade

I had forgotten all about that. I remember whatever was being promoted had nothing to do with me and my company commander said 'you're funny, you can be on the show - say funny stuff.' I believe that's when I learned I was totally unable to be funny on command. Notional comedy career ended...

Still not as bad as when you had me take lead in our liaison with that local school. I'm thinking I'm about to meet some hot teachers and you've got me walking trying to talk to a retired ROK COL. The ROK COL keeps walking into my personal space and trying to hold my hand. I remember wondering WTF was happening as my company commander laughed his ass off telling and re-telling the story of my homophobia at company function after company function.

That did not make the list of things I'm passing on to the next generation of company commanders...

Speaking of @CQB , I used to like these guys. The music, that is...the video is of a dude jumping around kicking sand. :rolleyes:

THE TIME HAS COME...I'VE CUT MY HAIR...

As Peter Garrett tried to close our rifle range but lost I'm no longer a fan. I tweeted that maybe they'd like to do a free concert on the range as they're now back on the road with the "We're Still Awesome" Tour.

Back