Any Soccer Fans on Here?

Tbone

Unverified
DISCLAIMER- I realize there is a "stigma" with soccer here in America. I don't want this to be all about soccer bashing(although any colorful statements regarding your feelings on the subject are appreciated:rolleyes:). I wanted to start a legitimate thread on the "world's" sport. I have been following the Premier League for about 2 years pulling for Tottenham and would love to see who (if any) on here shares the same interest in the sport.

I attempted to play the FIFA game as a way to get into the sport. It is kind of working, but the seasons are pretty complicated, and their doesn't seem to be any kind of payoff(super bowl, playoffs, championships) that may just be for the Euro leagues though.

I don't care for the sport, but I (very) loosely read about the business aspect. I find that portion fascinating, but for the record I do the same with pro wrestling. I think the business concept is rather interesting with the different leagues and all.

I don't care for the sport, but I (very) loosely read about the business aspect. I find that portion fascinating, but for the record I do the same with pro wrestling. I think the business concept is rather interesting with the different leagues and all.
All we hear about right now is the shady part of the business cough cough..........FIFA

I attempted to play the FIFA game as a way to get into the sport. It is kind of working, but the seasons are pretty complicated, and their doesn't seem to be any kind of payoff(super bowl, playoffs, championships) that may just be for the Euro leagues though.
HAHA I'm LITERALLY wiping up my drink from when he said stocks, "weeeeeell you know there up and down."

I really only watch soccer during the World Cup, I find it funny how many "soccer fans" appear during that time. I only watch to cheer on team U.S.A. it bothers me how many people who live here root for other countries more than the one they grew up and live in though. Anyway, soccer is definitely a great sport to watch/play and I definitely regret quitting it prior to getting to a more competitive age level.

Lacrosse and hockey have my affection in the end.

I really only watch soccer during the World Cup, I find it funny how many "soccer fans" appear during that time. I only watch to cheer on team U.S.A. it
bothers me how many people who live here root for other countries more than the one they grew up and live in though. Anyway, soccer is definitely a great sport to watch/play and I definitely regret quitting it prior to getting to a more competitive age level.

Lacrosse and hockey have my affection in the end.
yeah it ticks me off to go to my local semi-pro teams matches and see people wearing Germany jerseys...

Soccer is good PT. I like to watch it during the summer every 4 years or so....The Women's more then the Men cause there is less Theatrical events....

:ROFLMAO::D:p

281px-2018_FIFA_World_Cup.svg.png

ETA:

Wimmens.png

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER- I realize there is a "stigma" with soccer here in America. I don't want this to be all about soccer bashing(although any colorful statements regarding your feelings on the subject are appreciated:rolleyes:). I wanted to start a legitimate thread on the "world's" sport. I have been following the Premier League for about 2 years pulling for Tottenham and would love to see who (if any) on here shares the same interest in the sport.

Chelsea, because I was on the varsity team in high school and the two best options you had at that time were Man U. or Chelsea. Most of my team were Man U. fanboys because C. Ronaldo was the best thing since sliced bread, at least according to them.

Bayern Munchen because when my family lived in France my dad would take us to tour all the places he remembered when he grew up there as a kid. Munich was the first big city I got to visit and subsequently, I fell in love with Bavaria as a whole.

As for international soccer, I'll pull for the U.S women's team but I pull for the German men's team. Now, as somebody who played soccer in high-school and in college, there are certain soccer styles that people can appreciate. Think of it like a beauty contest. The nations of the world throw out their top models, the oo's and ah's rain down as contestant after contestant walks down the long platform. Justin Trudeau is confidant in Canada's choice for most beautiful woman (he is slightly agitated that they didn't say "people," but will let it slide). Trudeau's pick walks out, its Lena Dunham.

I don't know what the American men's "soccer" team is trying to play, but it's not soccer. Its more akin to glorified kickball. I just know that if I was Canadian, I would not vote for Lena Dunham for the same reasons I cannot cheer for the U.S men's team: the appearance doesn't meet the minimum standards required to compete.

Grew up playing it, really got to hate it in high school mostly because the field was asphalt, not grass. I used to play goalie. I was semi-good at it and no one wanted the spot.
The issue here is loogies.
Kids hacking out oysters all over the playing field, to say nothing of snot rockets.

The ball rolls on the field, collecting all manners of bodily byproducts before being hurled at high speed towards me and I gotta catch it but it's too high for me to kick and I gotta use my hands and I stop it and I stop the ball which sheds all this shit carried by the momentum and feel it hit my face and get in my eyes and [mod edit: trigger warning]

Had an ex try and get me into it, didn't really stick, current gf has gotten me more interested in it as of now. I'll catch a Chivas game when it's on and I'll watch it with her if she's there. But much like baseball I'd rather play the game than watch it.

Except if it's live, soccer games have some of the most intense and passionate fans I've ever seen. Games can be electric sometimes.

Back