Anyone here remember the Seafox?

parallel

SBU
Verified SOF
Too heavy, slow, prone to mechanical failure and the canopy could damned near kill ya if it collapsed in heavy seas (it has). Even so, for me that was my best time in my twelve years of Naval service.:2c:

Did some high speed cast and recovery using them in '81 training at LFTC.

seafox.JPG

Yeah, there we go... ah the memories. The first time I seen one I was in Boat Operations at Site One Holy Loch Scotland. They must have been picking some one up because they moored at the Ardnadam Pier for just a few moments, and then they were gone. My intrigue led me to the boat units a few years after that.

Yeah, there we go... ah the memories. The first time I seen one I was in Boat Operations at Site One Holy Loch Scotland. They must have been picking some one up because they moored at the Ardnadam Pier for just a few moments, and then they were gone. My intrigue led me to the boat units a few years after that.

Were you with the Unit in NO? I guess they moved up I-10 up this way in the mid 90's. I check in to the command pretty soon and am really excited to work on the SOC-R's.
I have been out of the Spec War support community for awhile (since 04) and jumped on the orders when they popped.

Were you with the Unit in NO? I guess they moved up I-10 up this way in the mid 90's. I check in to the command pretty soon and am really excited to work on the SOC-R's.
I have been out of the Spec War support community for awhile (since 04) and jumped on the orders when they popped.

No, I was at SBU-20 (NAB Little Creek) I tried to get to SBU-22 because my wife is from New Orleans originally, but I just couldn't get a billet. So, I did something stupid and left the boat units (now teams) to go to physical security duty. I never made it back to the boats went to a damned AOE instead and that ended my Navy days for me after 12 years.

I live about 20 miles west of New Orleans. When you get all checked in and squared away give me a shout... I'd love to buy you a beer and have a chat.

That SEAFOX

What? Remember the 'Fox? Why, What became of them? I remember that craft quite well, as much from the underside as from time spent down in the well. In its day, it was considered a big step up from what we'd been provided for swimmer support previously. Speed was improved, it was quieter, and arguably safer to conduct SubOps from.

What? Remember the 'Fox? Why, What became of them?
At least at SBU-20 the Seafox's were being mothballed during the last part of my time there. The way I understand it, the 30' RHIB and the Mark V SOC were to replace them. I had been transfered before the first of either of those boats were delivered. We were using the 24' RHIB with Volvo Penta engines in the interim.

Well, I'm not checked in yet but I live near the base, actually between it and the Seabee base in Gulfport, MS.

You don't live near Vacherie do you? I have been down on the coast since leaving NSWU-4 in PR back in 2004. I have been in a Seabee Battalion in Gulfport for the past 5 years trying to get back to SWCC school or at least a Spec War billet.

When I was with the Battalion they wouldn't let me go because of the standing up of NECC(Naval Expeditionary Combat Comand) and our optempo in the box.

On our next incursion into NO I will give you a shout.

I live in LaPlace which is across the river and east of Vacherie. Yeah man, give me a shout and we'll have a few beers and shoot the shit.

Back