Area 51 Declassified

Dame

A very good friend and long-time neighbor of mine just sent me an email about this. His dad, Hugh Slater, was the commander of Area 51 in the 1960s and is interviewed during the program.

Looks like it will air first on Sunday, May 22 on the National Geographic channel.

It's the most famous military installation in the world, yet it doesn't officially exist. Area 51-- a site for covert Cold War operations-- has long been a magnet for crackpots, conspiracy theorists, and the overly curious. While there may not be truth to the rumors that Area 51 is a haven for UFOs and extraterrestrials, its clear that our government has been up to something in Area 51 for decades, and it turns out there is a kernel of truth to even some of the wildest speculation. Underground tunnels Hidden enemy aircraft Secret government UFO files Now, after years of silence, for the first time Area 51 insiders spill their secrets and reveal whats really been going on inside the most secretive place on earth.

Read more: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/when-aliens-attack/4968/Overview#tab-Overview#ixzz1MqwxB280

I think you mean "bought in 55."

As for Groom. Interesting base. It's a test base, UAVs, foreign tech, new tech, that sort of thing. Cool stuff but no UFOs or that shit. It looks like they're flying Sukhoi/s and a MiG29 out there at the moment.

All very interesting for an aircraft geek like myself.

"Declassified" is a broad and sweeping term, but most often a very narrowly alligned bit of terminology to passify people who can't just be happy with being the sheep they really are.

Should be an interesting show.. wish I had cable... :-/

Either way though I don't think any of the SAPs will be declassified. I'd hope not anyway.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you Pardus, 55 millimeters might sound impressive in non metric countries but it's only a hair above 2 inches.

I think the "area 55" is the ballpark figure for how old he is.

Back