Argentina... Again!

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
Cristina Fernandez De Kirchner has defined "Arrogant" UK for refusing Falkands talks.The Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell urged Cameron to remind Barack Obama that"the British government will never accept any kind of negotiation"... Sandy Woodward (former Admiral commander in 1982), told a newspaper that "the islands are indefensible" and that "the simple truth is without air carriers and without the Americans, we would not have any hope of making it today"....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13803111

Shame the UK leadership doesn't seem able to muster the the spirit of a couple Kiwis and a Tar Heel.
After reading the story linked above, it seems clear Argentina has at least a few more moves in mind.
I especially liked their first one - get a Limey to foresake his heritage and his father for an Argentine ID card.
Fitting name for that, ahem, Pecker; he probably did it for "tax benefits" knowing how the Kirchners did/do business.

Shame the UK leadership doesn't seem able to muster the the spirit of a couple Kiwis and a Tar Heel.
After reading the story linked above, it seems clear Argentina has at least a few more moves in mind.
I especially liked their first one - get a Limey to foresake his heritage and his father for an Argentine ID card.
Fitting name for that, ahem, Pecker; he probably did it for "tax benefits" knowing how the Kirchners did/do business.

I am not a Tar Heel, I am from the communist republic of California.

The Brits have had claim to the Falklands in one form or another since 1592. Argentina wasn't even a fucking country until 1816.
Everyone in the Falklands is British and want to stay that way.

It's a no brainier! Argies, fuck off!

I am interested to hear RB’s (more so his wife’s) opinion on this, being she is Argentinean and a former COL in the police force there. I am not sure why the UK is holding onto the Falkands, is it just b/c or do they have a resource or other reason to hold onto them? I really have no idea what the issue is or why it is even an issue?

I am interested to hear RB’s (more so his wife’s) opinion on this, being she is Argentinean and a former COL in the police force there. I am not sure why the UK is holding onto the Falkands, is it just b/c or do they have a resource or other reason to hold onto them? I really have no idea what the issue is or why it is even an issue?

Why is the USA holding onto Alaska or Hawaii?

Same thing. The Falkland islands are British, that is all that needs be said.
The population of the Falklands are British, again, what more needs to be said?

Why is the USA holding onto Alaska or Hawaii?

Same thing. The Falkland islands are British, that is all that needs be said.
The population of the Falklands are British, again, what more needs to be said?

Okay, I did not know so thats why I was asking. I did not see your post above mine until just now.:ninja:

I thought she was Colombian?

Yawn.....making noise again.

The reality is even IF the Brits didn't have an aircraft carrier they still have a powerful navy and could project power to the islands. The lack of fighter a/c is a problem, but their ships could provide a solid umbrella of SAMs, long enough to dispatch a landing force. The Argentine Air Force has some Mirage 5's and 3's with 2 squadrons of A-4's.....hardly the sort of guys I'd take against a modern SAM environment. And the Argentine Navy would be RAPED by the RN's subs....

Argentina could beat back the UK but it would be a Pyrrhic Victory and require some luck at that IMO. Once the UK landed troops...book it, scoreboard, game over man, game over.

Back