Aspiring SOF? Read This

AWP

SOF Support
Look guys, in the last few weeks I’ve seen numerous instances of members with “Aspiring SOF” under their ID posting absolute garbage. Poorly written posts, bad info, offering info about something you’ve never done but you read it in a book or saw it on the web, offering info to other wannabes about how to succeed in a course you haven’t graduated from, fishing for info…the list goes on. I’m not going to single out any of you unless you have some burning desire to relive your past mistakes in public.

I can think of two active members who are on staff in their respective SOF pipelines. Yes, some of the guys you are interacting with are some of the same guys who will provide a “Yay” or “Nay” to determine if you’ll live the dream or live a nightmare.

Let that sink in for a moment.

A good portion of this board never had the golden opportunities you guys have. There wasn’t an internet, people to answer questions, solid information…we paid our money and we took our chances. I don’t know if there has ever been a better time to be in any branch’s special operations units...do you have any idea how wide open the world is for you?

Internet posts have come back to haunt their authors, one such story is here on this board.

Let that sink in for a moment.

I want to see you succeed, I really do, but some of you are circling the drain. Phase of the moon, solar flares, tainted orange juice….whatever the reason, you need to knock it off.

Stay in your lane. By all means, grow your mind and participate in the discussion, but think about what you are posting before you hit “Send.” Think about who could read it and would you want “that post” read back to you on the grinder at Coronado or the edge of a pool in Texas or wherever you path takes you?

Your call.

One last thing: I don't need, or want to see, a "Roger" or "My bad" reply to this; read it, digest it, and move on with life. Better a free lesson here than a costly lesson out there.
Now, go PT.

One thing I'd like to add, and my apologies because I didn't think of this before:

If you were a member here before this was posted...well, don't expect friendly lessons in the future. I'm not into the Internet Tough Guy thing, but I think some of you have had ample warning to tighten your shot group.

I'd like to add:

1. Do not get all butt hurt/bent out of shape if something you post brings down the wrath of whomever you hold sacred upon your head by an individual who has achieved that to which you are aspiring... If you can't handle it here, you will not handle it in the selection/qualification course you may attend...

2. the minute you say you are "Aspiring SOF" - you will be expected to act and post like an adult, and a professional - we don't care if you think you deserve slack because you are still in High School or you were a professional athlete or you have 3 Master's and 5 PhDs.

the parameters for all of these hints are actually posted on the site... in logical places... that's the end of your hints from me.

Do, or Do Not. There is no try.

Back