ASPOC A&S January 2012

Considering that none of them have ever been on a team how the hell do they know how it will be? I can almost guarantee that what they think it will be like will be nothing like what it is. If they can't handle the pool they will fail when its the middle of the night with three foot swells, 50 degree water and 45lbs of gear.

Don't threaten me with a good time!

The "you get to do this and that on a team" conversations are the best. Usually ends with a giant face palm.

Here is just a thought...I know a lot of external swimming pools do not allow utilities; however, they do allow sweat pants and sweat tops. Good luck.

Looking forward to seeing you there unguided! I bought a pair of Dr Scholl's orthotic inserts (CF440) and they feel pretty damn good. Have fun at Mt Roushmore while I'm sitting indoors enjoying eggnog lol. AKkeith the Injinji toe socks are amazing, they feel kinda weird the first few times you put them on but you get used to them in a hurry. A little pricey but well worth it IMO and they have them in different sizes, low cuts, ankle and calf. They form to your feet and I have not had them slip or bunch up at all. I have the low cuts, I wear them inside my boot/pt socks. Are you slated for a class yet?

I just picked up some Dr Scholl's CF430's (I have flat feet) and they are amazing! These made such a difference in comfort when I was rucking today. I also have to thank Hitman's post about the Injinji toe socks. My feet have never felt better after a long ruck.

All the best to you next week mate. As fate would have it, I was the receipient of one piece of bad news yesterday that will set me back to the next class. Sorely disappointed, sorely...

I'am sorry to hear that! Don't worry though, delays happen. I was supposed to be in the September class for A&S, but due to my monitor I was pushed back until now. Just use this time to train and train some more. Don't think about this being a bad thing, just giving you time to be a step ahead of your peers. I wish you the best of luck for the April class. Semper Fi

Back