ASPOC effectiveness

EmbracetheSuck

Verified Military
Thought this might interest some of the hopefuls out there, Marine Corps times states that of the 84 Marines that went through the last A&S 77 completed. Heres the catch only 57 out of the 77 were selected for follow on training in ITC. Of course they are contributing the higher pass rate to ASPOC, which I am sure it is true. Now just to make sure you are part of the 57!!! I will find out soon if I have the chance to always embrace the suck!

S/F

So what happens to the 20 guys who completed A&S but didn't go to ITC?

My best guess is they return to the fleet

Are they selected to eventually go through ITC? I think I'd be a little pissed if I went through A&S and passed and didn't get my shot at ITC at some point. Maybe there weren't enough seats at ITC?

I am not clear on it, I took this info from Marine Corps times. I would be pissed too as it stands I may be going to the JAN class and I sure as hell would not want to be one of those 20 guys. I will try to talk to my recruiter, but to my understanding and since they keep all info on A&S under wraps I believe at the end of it you go in front of a board again this is my uneducated guess.

I am sure someone else will chime in with better info

Just because you made it to the end of A&S does not mean you are going to go to ITC. All finishing A&S means is just that, you finished A&S. Dosen't mean you finished well or even necessarily passed A&S it just means you finished it.

If you don't get selected then you head back to the fleet and keep your job, its just basically T.A.D. I have no choice , either I get selected or I go back to living with my stinky roommate for 2 more years. I'll be there in January at A&S with you good luck.

Just because you made it to the end of A&S does not mean you are going to go to ITC. All finishing A&S means is just that, you finished A&S. Dosen't mean you finished well or even necessarily passed A&S it just means you finished it.

That's the correct answer. You have to "man up" to finish A&S, but that doesn't mean you did well at the events.

Back