Best 1911 for under $1500

Not going to shoot holes any of the above named 1911’s, however it comes down to what you want it for. (i.e. reliability vs. accuracy, carry gun vs. range queen, actions shooting vs. target shooting.)

What are you going to use it for?
What type of round counts do you expect?
What type of accuracy @ 25 yards do you want?
Is this a first time 1911, or are you replacing? (if a first time 1911, have you fired one before?)

1911’s can be made to fit just about any shooting style, but a huge problem is most people buy the wrong 1911 for the wrong type of shooting…:2c:

yep, 9mm, stainless over composite.. two grips, two mags, case and manual.

I actually shot it about three or four months ago when he brought it to the range.. Shoots very smoothly, and since it is a 9, reacquiring the target is quick and easy. I would rate it about an 8 out of 10. (-1 for it being a nine, and -1 for the silver over black (I just prefer all black(except for my USP (black over green)))) :D

Pics soon....

But total cost ($350 he owed me plus 150 cash) of $500, I have no complaints. It has less than 200 rounds through it, and gunbroker has used ones for $595 and new for $795 and up.. I am satisfied...

And I have a new gun to feed my addiction ... lol

ETA: And it has night sights....

Not going to shoot holes any of the above named 1911’s, however it comes down to what you want it for. (i.e. reliability vs. accuracy, carry gun vs. range queen, actions shooting vs. target shooting.)

What are you going to use it for?
What type of round counts do you expect?
What type of accuracy @ 25 yards do you want?
Is this a first time 1911, or are you replacing? (if a first time 1911, have you fired one before?)

1911’s can be made to fit just about any shooting style, but a huge problem is most people buy the wrong 1911 for the wrong type of shooting…:2c:

You mean like buying a super sub compact 1911 with a 3" barrel and then insistint on using 230 grain ammunition ? :D

No, I don't think John Moses Browning ever intended for his design to be cut and chopped down into a gun that loses an incredible amount of velocity, especially since the .45 ACP is slow already.

Just my .02:2c:

yep, 9mm, stainless over composite.. two grips, two mags, case and manual.

I actually shot it about three or four months ago when he brought it to the range.. Shoots very smoothly, and since it is a 9, reacquiring the target is quick and easy. I would rate it about an 8 out of 10. (-1 for it being a nine, and -1 for the silver over black (I just prefer all black(except for my USP (black over green)))) :D

Pics soon....

But total cost ($350 he owed me plus 150 cash) of $500, I have no complaints. It has less than 200 rounds through it, and gunbroker has used ones for $595 and new for $795 and up.. I am satisfied...

And I have a new gun to feed my addiction ... lol

ETA: And it has night sights....

Sounds like a good deal on a good shooter. New ones here are going for around $760. ;) That's all black, the typical package: 2 magazines, night sights, modular grip and Hard case.

Back