Binos- HUGE Price Variance?

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
I am blown away by the variance in the price of binos and optics in general.

Two main questions:

• 1.) Does anyone have a preference for an all-around rugged high powered bino set? Any suggestions? Maybe anything I should stay AWAY from?

• 2.) Why is there such a huge difference in price between different binos?

For example:

Here's a set of binos for $2,599, and immediately after there is another seemingly high quality set for $229, less than 1/10th the price of the first.

2zyijie.jpg

34gt2u1.jpg

What is it that an extra $2,250 is buying me, if I spend the extra money? What should I be looking for? Is it really worth all that extra money for a reasonable set?

x SF med

the Troll
Verified SOF
Not far from the south of Canada, 'Murica!
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Schmidt and Bender, Zeiss, Leupold and Tasco are in order The Best, Great, Oustanding, Average in optics quality - price follows optics quality, resolutin, depth of field and angle of field.
(Schmidt and Bender makes the best scopes - their binos are hard to find)
Go to a good outdoors store and try the binos - some will even correct for astigatism and torus deflection in the eye (near or far sightedness). Get a pair that work for you, and are comfortable for you, and fit your budget.

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
Good stuff; I appreciate all of the information.
x SF med said:
Go to a good outdoors store and try the binos - some will even correct for astigatism and torus deflection in the eye (near or far sightedness). Get a pair that work for you, and are comfortable for you, and fit your budget.
Great suggestion. I've got to get off the websites for a while.