Black Rifle Coffee - am I supposed to hate them or drink their coffee?

Idk what that means but I respect it
Baldwin County is the next county over, across Mobile Bay. All the bougie rich folks live in Daphne, Fairhope, Montrose, and on Ono Island, while the meth heads live in Silverhill, Summerdale, etc. Mobilians throw shade because stupid local rivalry. I’m just low-key ashamed to even be from Alabama

@racing_kitty

Dana Carvey Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

As mentioned, we can't practice consumer activism without ending up in a cave, naked, making our own tools from rocks and animal parts. (Okay, that's a pretty cool Friday night, but I digress). We can push back, even if it is merely symbolic.

I refuse to watch Liam Neeson or John Cena because of their politics; same for pro sports. Ice cream? No Ben and Jerry's. I avoid Pakistani-made products like the plague. The list goes on and we all have our different pressure points. Hell, my lesbian daughter who abhors Chik-Fil-A's politics allows herself a box of nuggies once or twice a year.

We can perform a little, if token, part to push back without taking a 12 gauge to one of our feet.

I support the Chinese Communist Party because half the shit I own is from China. Am I a traitor? Hell no, man, I’m part of the cadre. I’m taking the Great Leap Forward. Got my pith helmet, AK, bag of rice…GTG.

I don't drink coffee -- nasty shit -- so I'm not a customer either way. I've seen some of the criticism but haven't followed it very closely.

With that said, from what I've seen, a lot of people are getting their undies in a bunch over some pretty silly stuff. Is BRCC screwing over their customers or investors? Are they acting immoral or unethical in any way? Do they have 8 year olds in Guatemala (or wherever) working 12 hour days picking beans for a nickel a week? So far as I can tell, the answer to those questions in a hard no. On the contrary, BRCC seems to be fairly generous in their support of a variety of vet programs, although it's tough to know for certain relative to their revenue/profits. Regardless, that seems pretty good by me. What are their critics doing instead? Throwing stones is easy.

In general, people just need to calm the fuck down. I don't know when we became a society of absolutes. I do blame social media for a lot of it. I have a number of friends that have differing political views from mine. Disagreeing with a viewpoint or decision shouldn't mean that I now must also hate or boycott that person/company/etc. If I did so, I probably wouldn't eat or buy anything and I sure wouldn't have as many friends (which is already a small pool anyway because I'm a misanthrope 😉). In my view, this seems to be just another varient of the "cancel culture". If you don't to patron a particular business due to some conflict with your beliefs, fine -- we all do it to some extent (ex. I don't like Chinese products and try to avoid them when possible) -- but do it because you want to based on your beliefs, not because a bunch of other ding-dongs tell you it's wrong.

Haven't tried their coffee. I heard Hafer was a leftist cunt. Could care less about that company. I agree with 95 percent of that article posted.
He comes off that way. Think before speaking means the PR section doesn't work overtime explaining your statement off that way.
I like some of their coffee. Their berserker blend in partnership with Viking Tactics was very good. Otherwise, I find their products overpriced.

At least one staff member of BRCC is a member here though I haven’t seen them around in awhile.

I won’t speak to a company’s politics, but I’ve seen some cringe-worthy interviews with Hafer. At the end of the day, their coffee is more than I like to pay and I can use my time more productively than separating the wheat from the chaff in a case like this. I wish them no ill will, their stuff just isn’t for me.
Overpriced, average. Though the BRCC franchise next to Starbucks is busier then Starbucks.
People turned on BRCC because they pulled back on associating their brand with Rittenhouse because it was bad for their overall business and desire to become a larger company.

People further started to hate them (and Hafer in particular) because he did a NYT interview saying he hated see white nationalists, proud boys, and people at the January 6th "whatever the hell you call it" wearing merch and claiming to represent the values of the company. Dude is a "liberal" because he's a non-MAGA libertarian leaning conservative.

The canned coffee they sell in gas stations is pretty good, but I don't buy anything else from them.

Double failure. He could (should) have let the PR people issue a non-statement wrt Rittenhouse wearing a BRCC shirt. He essentially condemned Rittenhouse before any facts were really out. Maybe those videos he and the rest of the crew put out need to be pulled?

His condemnation of the 6 January idiots was over the top, and helped convince folks he isn't the conservative his public image conveyed.

BRCC franchising is a joke. Inner circle folks get them, other vets don't even get a return email, this is actually why I stopped drinking their coffee.

I’m addicted to the Kona coffee they sell here. It’s so good but super expensive. I select my coffee on taste and quality, not politics.

I agree with that selection criteria.

Buy it or don’t. It’s your choice. I’m sick of people, especially keyboard 2A “purist” commandos trying to tell me how to shop.

Cortado will change your life.

Get a Cappuccino at Cartel Coffee Lab- they should have a few in Maricopa County. They're pretty tasty.

In terms of BRCC, I used to do the every other month auto order for coffee and get 5lbs bags of whole bean Silencer Smooth. It's pretty good, but now that I'm finishing my last bag I think I'll be shifting my market share elsewhere. I probably will buy more BRCC products in the future, but their canned drinks are insanely expensive.

Back