Black Rifle Coffee - am I supposed to hate them or drink their coffee?

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I just thought it was a group of Bro-Vets (to include Mat Best) but today I was reading a thread on another board and saw the quote: ”Fuck em. They don’t care about the 2nd amendment or liberty. They care only about $$$$$”

Sheesh, I cannot keep up with what companies I’m supposed to be boycotting or supporting anymore.

Sometimes people's concepts of "liberty" can vary vastly to the law or common sense. If you like their product keep buying it I say. I find BRC over the top and a bit much but they also don't sell coffee here nor do I drink it so that opinion is worth the pixels it's written on :D

I just thought it was a group of Bro-Vets (to include Mat Best) but today I was reading a thread on another board and saw the quote: ”Fuck em. They don’t care about the 2nd amendment or liberty. They care only about $$$$$”

Sheesh, I cannot keep up with what companies I’m supposed to be boycotting or supporting anymore.
I tried some of that overpriced swill a while back because I liked the thought of supporting fellow veterans. It really wasn't that good and then there is this.

Now given this websites title is well controversial to say the least. This is supposedly the reason people aren't fans of the BRCC

Take it with a grain of salt.

The Truth About Black Rifle Coffee Company

I like some of their coffee. Their berserker blend in partnership with Viking Tactics was very good. Otherwise, I find their products overpriced.

At least one staff member of BRCC is a member here though I haven’t seen them around in awhile.

I won’t speak to a company’s politics, but I’ve seen some cringe-worthy interviews with Hafer. At the end of the day, their coffee is more than I like to pay and I can use my time more productively than separating the wheat from the chaff in a case like this. I wish them no ill will, their stuff just isn’t for me.

One of my sons gave me a BRCC travel mug…but I’ve never had their coffee. We drink 8 O’Clock coffee because it’s good, cheaper than most and has been around since Oog invented fire.

It was trendy to buy bro-vet company stuff and display the logos a few years ago… just like it was trendy for every swinging dick to set up a card table outside the local supermarket and sell military trinkets to “help support veterans.”

Just like it was trendy to grow big beards because SOF was growing big beards in Halfassistan.

Just like tacticool stuff.

Now it’s trendy to be a Black person or be affiliated with a Black person or entity. (No offense or racism intended here. Marketing statistics bear me out.)

Now…if Black Rifle Coffee Company could re-brand itself as Black People Coffee Company, it might survive a military trend recession.

People turned on BRCC because they pulled back on associating their brand with Rittenhouse because it was bad for their overall business and desire to become a larger company.

People further started to hate them (and Hafer in particular) because he did a NYT interview saying he hated see white nationalists, proud boys, and people at the January 6th "whatever the hell you call it" wearing merch and claiming to represent the values of the company. Dude is a "liberal" because he's a non-MAGA libertarian leaning conservative.

The canned coffee they sell in gas stations is pretty good, but I don't buy anything else from them.

Maybe just like what you want to like? Who really gives a fuck about their politics?

Do you not use an iPhone because of weird Tim Cook beliefs?

If you like their coffee better than some local shit or Starbucks, buy it. If you don’t, dont?

I find the politics of our oil and gas companies repugnant. I still buy gas from shell.

*posted from my iPhone.*

ETA: I guarantee the politics of BRCC is more in line with what the majority here respects and adhere to than most good coffee producers, who are much more likely to support ghastly LGBTQIA’s than the veterans charities.

Maybe just like what you want to like? Who really gives a fuck about their politics?

If you like their coffee better than some local shit or Starbucks, buy it. If you don’t, dont?

I find the politics of our oil and gas companies repugnant. I still buy gas from shell.

*posted from my iPhone.*

ETA: I guarantee the politics of BRCC is more in line with what the majority here respects and adhere to than most good coffee producers, who are much more likely to support ghastly LGBTQIA’s than the veterans charities.
Yep...if I based everything I bought or did on someone's political stances...I would never be able to leave my house, watch TV, eat, drink, etc. I do what I do because I want to. If I don't like "their" politics and I am asked, I give my opinion. If asked why I purchased their "product" - my response is, "I wanted it." Their coffee is all right - not great. Hafer has some disagreeable political thoughts. At the end of the day, I simply don't care what he thinks if I want his coffee.

*posted from my iPhone.*

This is why I still eat at Chick-Fil-A despite of what people say about them.

I'm still not sure how them going public will be good for them. I've had the coffee, it's basically Starbucks but with a bro-vet spin. And I think I've mentioned a million times I hate bro-vet culture generally.

If you want good coffee, a local roaster that goes single origin and direct trade will give you better coffee every day of the week.

They went public because they now encompass multiple different companies and charities; all to help out our communities. They now have multiple brick and mortar, franchise locations.

There products aren't meant for everyone but they do have the numbers to be profitable and expand. I like some of their blends but the price was to much. I use McDonald's ground.

Speaking of chains, anyone have a Dutch Brothers near them? The lines are worse than Chick Fila.
I'll second that. I'll grab a coffee from Dutch Bros, but only in the middle of the day, otherwise the lines are unbearable.

Also in my opinion Dutch Bros coffee has more sugar in it than Starbucks. It's a rare drink for me.

Starbucks has done pretty well for themselves despite being having an average product, wouldn't you say?

It's consistent, I'll give them that. I've had it from all the way from Seattle to Germany to Turkey and it has the same taste. I think they got too much heat for prohibiting the 2nd Amendment protesters from using their places as a rally point. They just wanted to stay out of it, but got the other side of the spotlight instead.

Speaking of chains, anyone have a Dutch Brothers near them? The lines are worse than Chick Fila.

This chain is exploding in my state; apparently the standards to open one are pretty high and you're almost guaranteed to make good money as a franchiser. The drinks are too sugary for me. It's as if Cold Stone started a coffee joint.

*posted from my iPhone.*

I just hate Tim Cook because he’s from Baldwin County… /sarc

Back