Blister treatment

exsanguination?

Do we really have to go that far? I've always been a fan of vampires - but are trolls secretly trying to ..... never mind. :doh:

Thanks everyone for all the advice, as for draining the blisters it was usually too late to do that as i was usually trying to fix a hole instead of a blister. Now im washing my feet with surgical spirits daily,invested in a hanwag boot,carrying dr scholls moleskin in my first aid kit and thakfully i havent gotten any blisters since,miracle!!. hanwag special forces boot well recommended! Thanks again and keep the advice coming for those that are seeking it.

You could always just cut off your feet, that'll cure the blisters, for sure. Of course, that solution leads to a few other issues, including exsanguination, but hey, we're talking about blisters, right?:doh:}:-)

LMFAO!! But hey..that new Doc guy posted a hemostasis thread somewhere..so it should be ok!:D

yea Doc
In practice we can get away with lots of clinical treatments that will keep aseptic technique, however in the field it is a different story. Any medic that pulls people out of a patrol/ training with a blister will not be very popular. The treatments that provide padding/ prevention are fine in theory but out in the real world they have limited effect other than at base camp or the RAP!

Medic 1

Thanks everyone for all the advice, as for draining the blisters it was usually too late to do that as i was usually trying to fix a hole instead of a blister. Now im washing my feet with surgical spirits daily,invested in a hanwag boot,carrying dr scholls moleskin in my first aid kit and thakfully i havent gotten any blisters since,miracle!!. hanwag special forces boot well recommended! Thanks again and keep the advice coming for those that are seeking it.

Chippewas are excellent too - but I think Chip lost the contract. My chips are older than some of the people on this board (like, uh, Ravage) and are still in nearly perfect shape (a slight exaggeration) for all the miles on them.

highjack over.

If you check the company I work for. Dr.Sam came up with a product to treat/prevent blisters. If any one on the board would like a few to try out let me know through my company email. Just put shadow spear in the message.

Moderators if this is not appropriate please remove. I have no intention to blast market products on here.I just wanted to show there is new technology out there.

Thanks

Charles

Where the hell were you a month ago!? :doh: LOL!

If you check the company I work for. Dr.Sam came up with a product to treat/prevent blisters. If any one on the board would like a few to try out let me know through my company email. Just put shadow spear in the message.

Moderators if this is not appropriate please remove. I have no intention to blast market products on here.I just wanted to show there is new technology out there.

Thanks

Charles

Las Vegas SHOT Show last month.

Trust me they came in handy.The Playboy models at the tazer booth loved me walking around SHOT in heel's they had some nasty blisters.

Next stop NDMS Nashville 15-18 March

Then EMS Today Baltimore end of March

And maybe 316 oyster bar somewhere in between

shhhh.... zombie bait, don't you know anything, blood and inability to move - like pre feeding for a deer hunt (only legal, because they're zombies):confused::doh:}:-)

Oh! :doh: OK, now I feel so much better......

A good moulage kit, and you can be your own bait, then blast the zombies when they get close. Remember to ring your position with claymores and foogas too - a zombieburger barbeque!

I've got just the guy working for me. 18C. Did a half-mile foogas daisy-chain on the Syrian border a couple of years ago - I've seen the vid. He got in a little trouble.....:( But made MSG on the last list ;)

This has been a spectacular hijack, but we better get back to our regularly scheduled podiatric blister management thread.

Here's a great hint - don't wait till the last minute to toughen your feet, good socks, broken in boots, foot powder and finally - beer (in the face not on the feet)

Get out and ruck at least once a week - three times if you're training - but don't try to "break a record" every time you go out. Like the little troll said - go early. And build slowly. Your feet will toughen up, as long as you don't try to do it all in a weekend.

Foot toughening and prevention.
I also used duct tape. And lots of changes of socks when I bled.

But I'm just a REMF MC tenderfoot...

Back