Books for EMS and Combat Medicine

G-man;
For the sake of brevity, I will not quote all of the conflicting and off-lane comments from above - but will make a few comments, ask a few questions...
1. Why in a medical thread are you referencing any non-medical FMs? they have no bearing on the discussion, at all.
2. Why are you not focusing on finishing HS and losing weight as you posted before? - those are goal one.
3. Why have you not looked into the local EMT courses/rescue squads for civilian medical training?
4. What is the focus of your post? Why are you talking about carpentry/pharmacy tech with the Job Corps - and then CNA as an assistant brain surgeon (in your case sturgeon is closer).
5. Don't believe every story you hear from 'medics' - especially if it involves external cardiac massage in a battle situation... that's pretty much a fish story, most people could figure that out on their own.
6. Are you on any kind of medication? is it an anti psychotropic / anti psychotic? Or, are you just having fun pissing people off?
7. Do your own research then ask questions, and yopu won't come across as a whiny, lazy, 'give me the answers' kind of kid.

STFU, study for HS, and do PT.

x2

I have actually been wondering about #6 for a while. Either that or someone is having a good time messing with us.

Job Corps? Haven't heard of that planned transition before. Good luck to you.

Most medical books you pick up are going to be a waste of time for you unless you have some sort of practical application afterwards. In other words, you're going to forget what it is you read by the time you need it unless you get your hands bloody. It sounds like you've got a long road ahead of you. My personal opinion: read military history books. Once (if) you start your medic training, you won't have time to do this "light" reading. History is just as important as tactics, or medicine.

The Army doesn't doe NREMT-P, unless they're lying to me.

Back