Boots and ruck marches

I'm kinda fucked because my feet are wide at the toes and narrow at the heel, I have trouble getting boots to fit properly which I'm sure every Soldier knows is a cunt of a problem.

I'm kinda fucked because my feet are wide at the toes and narrow at the heel, I have trouble getting boots to fit properly which I'm sure every Soldier knows is a cunt of a problem.

I'm basically the same. I love my Merrills but the heel is too wide so I had to use some Moleskin foam to tighten them up a little. Danners fit very well, but they didn't have a lightweight (non Goretex) model in wide widths. Asolo's in a wide width fit my heel but pinch my toes and cause ingrown nails.

My thoughts are that if you are really interested in the Lowas that you ordered /visit a supplier and try a pair on. I find that shoes of any brand are all not equal when it comes to advertised sizing. I will not buy any shoe - dress, casual, running, hiking, work without trying them on in the type of socks I will be wearing for them. I used to be a Merrill's only kind of guy for both boots and hiking/all terrain but switched to Keens to the toe pockets getting really tight/narrow. I love Keens for everyday wear and Lowas for my tactical work boots.......

Scuba fin feet. I have them too. :D

So what brands fit you?

Believe it not, the most comfortable boots I've ever worn are the Belleville boots they made under the contract that went with the new MARPAT uniforms (they look like the 550 ST, but they don't have steel toes). Not perfect, but I have yet to find a boot that is. They do seem to have narrower heel cups (especially in the wide sizes) and my feet slip less than in other boots. They make boots for the other service's specs, but I'm not sure if they're the same fit.

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/product.php

So what brands fit you?

I've got scuba fin feet syndrome too. Like previously, Belleville is my brand of choice so far too, at least of everything issued. i dont get those shnazzy zip-up ones either. I currently sport 300 STs and soon will be wearing 360 STs. my non steel toes are similar to the 330 ST, but arent steel toe and are GTX and dont have a design code in them (basic issued)

besides that, I have owned a couple of pairs of Bates, one of which was sold as a "Seal Boot, Blk" new at the surplus store. I'd have to research their brand code.

The bellevilles are the only ones that seem to consistently fit in the heel without being too tight in the toe. I wear a 9.0W in them

Great, thank you.

I've got scuba fin feet syndrome too. Like previously, Belleville is my brand of choice so far too, at least of everything issued. i dont get those shnazzy zip-up ones either. I currently sport 300 STs and soon will be wearing 360 STs. my non steel toes are similar to the 330 ST, but arent steel toe and are GTX and dont have a design code in them (basic issued)

besides that, I have owned a couple of pairs of Bates, one of which was sold as a "Seal Boot, Blk" new at the surplus store. I'd have to research their brand code.

The bellevilles are the only ones that seem to consistently fit in the heel without being too tight in the toe. I wear a 9.0W in them

Meindl Desert Safaris are awesome, my feet feel like a fat 40 year old bald guy in a Vette with a busty 21 year old lingerie model.
My mate stole my Bellvilles for the Ghan and he loves them, I never gave them a good thrashing.

Meindl Desert Safaris are awesome, my feet feel like a fat 40 year old bald guy in a Vette with a busty 21 year old lingerie model.
My mate stole my Bellvilles for the Ghan and he loves them, I never gave them a good thrashing.

I love Meindle..Very popular here for as long as I'm in. The only problem was the sole..ain't that great in wet conditions...The Black leather, not sure about Desert versions like the fox and Safaris..

So for those of you who have worn the lowa's, specifically the zephyr's, is there a preference for GTX vs non GTX? I understand that you have to match the boot to the environment but are they good garrison boots and for those green berets what is your preference for SFAS/Q on the GTX?
(I'll admit ahead of time I have not searched that but I figured I would throw it on while I am on the subject.) From what i have been told the Nike SFB is a pretty sweet garrison boot.

I wear Bates Lites which I paid $120 for. They've lasted me the better part of a year (they're about worn out.) I haven't counted how many miles I've done but I average about 5-15 miles a week rucking. They need to get replaced soon. They have very little support for when you potentially roll your ankle--so you definitely have to gradually switch over to them from the regular Bates or whatever it is you're wearing. They are probably weigh about a pound together, though--so if your muscles/tendons are developed well and you're used to rucking they're a good buy imo.

Also: If you're a Marine they have the EGA so you don't have to worry about switching over your boots constantly.

So for those of you who have worn the lowa's, specifically the zephyr's, is there a preference for GTX vs non GTX? I understand that you have to match the boot to the environment but are they good garrison boots and for those green berets what is your preference for SFAS/Q on the GTX?
(I'll admit ahead of time I have not searched that but I figured I would throw it on while I am on the subject.) From what i have been told the Nike SFB is a pretty sweet garrison boot.

this might help you ....
http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/footwear.html

Back