Branch Crossing from USN to USAF

Hey, just a question- what made you lean towards BUD/S? Just wondering what info you got from your retired PJ and what you learned about ops tempo in contrast to SEAL.
I can't give you any exact quotes because it was a few months back, but it had seemed that they were more OFP(own fuckin' program) than anything. He made it out like PJ doesn't have an operational cycle that was like the SEALs. For example the SEALs 24 month cycle (18 month workup, 6 month deployment), the PJs just say hey we want to do this for training so this is what we're going to do. I also had the thought of I'm giving up on what I had originally intended to do. I figure I can still do a lot of the things I would do as a PJ, I'll just have to go through 18D. It just hit me that I need to go back to BUD/s. I don't want to look like a jackass and talk about things and not know what I'm talking about. Just after talking to the retired PJ I came to the conclusion that PJ is not where I belong. Even if the information I was given doesn't stand true anymore I still look at the 2 different missions and see that PJ more than likely wouldn't fit my personality. Found out a lot of awesome info I didn't know before looking into though. I look at the PJs with a whole new perspective now.

Man, some good information right there. I’m kinda in the same boat. Although, I never went to BUD/s. Joined the Navy to be a Corpsman because of my “passion” for medicine. Currently with a Infantry Regiment, 1st Marine Division. I’m currently 22. I’ll be serving just 6 years and getting out at the age of 24. I will be honest, the reason I’m getting out is because I thought this was my higher calling. I’m not satisfied at all. I love taking care of my boys and every medical aspect of my job, but its more “dumb bs” than actually practicing medicine, from my experience. I think being a Corpsman built my foundation and reinforced my love to take care of people and I can’t see myself doing anything else. Also, part of me getting out is to start my education and to get my undergraduate degree, but after all thats said and done, whats next? Hence my intrest in becoming a PJ, whether thats in a Reserve unit or Active Duty. I’m looking for some guidance and maybe some wisdom on what proper steps I should take. In advance, thank you my dudes.

Ima have to check the records on this one, but the last time someone posted in this thread was 2,632 days ago! That's dope.

This site is a great resource for Pararescue and all other SOF career fields. Use the search function and ask questions when you hit a roadblock.
Ima have to check the records on this one, but the last time someone posted in this thread was 2,632 days ago! That's dope.

This site is a great resource for Pararescue and all other SOF career fields. Use the search function and ask questions when you hit a roadblock.
Hell yea. I will poke around and see what I find. Thanks brother.

Back