Can you get a option 40 contract with a GED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulio6

Unverified
As the title says, could I get an option 40 contract with a GED.

Did you talk to the Army recruiter? What did he say?
Yes, initially he said no. Then told me he’d check the regulations and get back to me in a second. 6 hours later he tells me that you can get one as long as you’re asvab is above 50. But I also heard you need 15 college credits. So I don’t really know.

i haven’t taken a asvab yet but my ACT was a 26. So that would definitely be over 50. I’m taking the GED test in about 2-3 months and will have a year until I’m able to enlist. Would really suck if I have to finish high school.

As the title says, could I get an option 40 contract with a GED.
Yes you can.
Had a close buddy who only got his GED, got a 82 on his asvab and was able to sign with option 40. It is absolutely possible, just depends on the competency/willingness to work the paperwork from your recruiter. (he did not have any college credits either)

Yes you can.
Had a close buddy who only got his GED, got a 82 on his asvab and was able to sign with option 40. It is absolutely possible, just depends on the competency/willingness to work the paperwork from your recruiter. (he did not have any college credits either)
Thank you. This was what I was looking for.

I’m done with high school. I got sent away to another school for fighting and have been planning on dropping out since the first day.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, finish high school, dude.

If you are doing the GED bit because you cannot hack the pressures of high school? Please.

The military is going to be there (unless you want to be a Tanker in the Marine Corps) but otherwise the Military will be there. You know what won't be there? Jobs.

Know why? Because in 99% of the cases (that's my made up stat) bailing on high school for a GED is bullshit. I get that little Suzy got knocked up in 11th grade and had to get her GED after the baby turns 3, or Bob had to quit school to help out on the family farm and eventually had to get his GED, but your excuse sucks ass.

I interview and employee people on a daily basis, know which are the first applications I put in the reject pile? GED's. Wanna know why? Because 99% of every other application showed that at least the person had the fortitude to at least finish high school.

Buck the fuck up and finish high-school.

Jesus.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, finish high school, dude.

If you are doing the GED bit because you cannot hack the pressures of high school? Please.

The military is going to be there (unless you want to be a Tanker in the Marine Corps) but otherwise the Military will be there. You know what won't be there? Jobs.

Know why? Because in 99% of the cases (that's my made up stat) bailing on high school for a GED is bullshit. I get that little Suzy got knocked up in 11th grade and had to get her GED after the baby turns 3, or Bob had to quit school to help out on the family farm and eventually had to get his GED, but your excuse sucks ass.

I interview and employee people on a daily basis, know which are the first applications I put in the reject pile? GED's. Wanna know why? Because 99% of every other application showed that at least the person had the fortitude to at least finish high school.

Buck the fuck up and finish high-school.

Jesus.
Why? What pressure do you think that I’m facing in high school rather than not wanting to go there anymore? Why would I finish high school if I can get a GED and enlist a year early?

You say that the people that get no chance in you’re job interviews are the people who have GED’s. Success isn’t measured by how many diplomas you have.

Why? What pressure do you think that I’m facing in high school rather than not wanting to go there anymore? Why would I finish high school if I can get a GED and enlist a year early?

You say that the people that get no chance in you’re job interviews are the people who have GED’s. Success isn’t measured by how many diplomas you have.
Awesome! Enjoy being a teenager and knowing all the answers.

Best of success to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back