Canadian soldier killed in Mali

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
RIP.

Canadian soldier killed in Mali

Last Updated: Friday, September 12, 2008 | 11:45 PM ET

CBC News

A Canadian soldier serving in Mali has died.
Maj. Luc Racine was killed in a non-combat related incident on Sept. 9, according to a Canadian Forces statement issued Friday.
"I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Major Luc Racine, who died in Bamako, Mali," Defence Minister Peter MacKay said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time."
Racine, a member of the Royal 22e Régiment Valcartier, Quebec, was a senior staff member at the Bamako Peacekeeping School, a military training centre designed to support peace operations and capacity building in Western Africa. He also worked with the Canadian Embassy.
No other details were given.

Rest in peace. I didn't know the Canadians had troops there or anywhere else in Africa...

RIP to this fine Soldier.

I didn't know the Canadians had troops there or anywhere else in Africa...

After being on this forum for a while, I've discovered that Canada is actually the worlds only REAL superpower. So super, in fact, that it's able to get other Nations to quarrel amongst themselves, while they quietly move about the Earth saving it from itself. :)

Back