Canadian special forces may remain in Afghanistan after 2014

Chaske

Wrath of Heaven?
Unverified
There are reports that the Pentagon has asked the Conservative government to consider leaving a contingent behind in the war-ravaged nation to help train Afghan commandos and to keep up the fight against al-Qaida and Taliban militants......

LINK

---------------------------------

I can say that I am not at all surprised.. I personally think CANSOFCOM elements should remain past the 2014 deadline. Finish the fight.

There are reports that the Pentagon has asked the Conservative government to consider leaving a contingent behind in the war-ravaged nation to help train Afghan commandos and to keep up the fight against al-Qaida and Taliban militants......

LINK

---------------------------------

I can say that I am not at all surprised.. I personally think CANSOFCOM elements should remain past the 2014 deadline. Finish the fight.
Hope your government says no.

There'll probably be a small "element" that stays for "security" of our diplomatic staff but I doubt the Gov't will permit much more. It's time for us to cut our losses and let the vacuum that is that whole region pull in another sucker.

There'll probably be a small "element" that stays for "security" of our diplomatic staff but I doubt the Gov't will permit much more. It's time for us to cut our losses and let the vacuum that is that whole region pull in another sucker.
I clicked agree, but would have added like if we could do a multiple choice.

I grew up in a war time Canadian army. Not having something to go scrap it out against is a weird thing I'm working through personally and in my profession now. Its like everything is changed, and i personally hope we stay. Grinding that ole war ax is good for the soldiers spirit.

Back