Can't find a Rem 700 to save my friggin life

The91Bravo

BNDN - Been Nowhere Done Nothing
Verified Military
Talked to D at SOTIC, said for me to get a Remington 700 (in 7.62 or .300 Win Mag) from anywhere, and we could pull the action out of it add H-s Stock, heavy barrel and Leu MK4, to build me a nice precision weapon.

But, oh hell no, can't find one anywhere.

Hit all local gunshops, pawn shops, wal-mart, internet FFL list, yellow page gun shops, and nothing...

Found a 270, and .30-06 but no 308 or 300WM....

Anyone got any ideas....

Got the money, got the itch, got no gun...:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

got my 700 Sendero at a pawn shop with the leupy vari-x III 6.5-20x40 on it.. just had to add the bipod... 7mm rem mag. Righthand.

I found this one from here, they ship to the US and I've never heard bad things about them. I know it's not .300 Win Mag but it should do the trick. ;)

REMINGTON 700 STAINLESS THUMBHOLE BOLT .300 ULTRA MAG WITH LAM STOCK, WARNE SCOPE BASES, R3 PAD AND OVERSIZED BOLT KNOB, IN ORIGINAL BOX EXCELLENT $949

S, did you try Grandpa's? No lie, that place has everything. And cheap.

I haven't checked out ATS in a while (mostly because I worked there when they were Lightfighter), but they usually have a few long guns in stock too.

I stay away from Q Arms... they screwed me bad with some PACA armor...

I ordered level III, (after about 90 days of trying to get a quote) It came in, I picked it up.. used it for a day, took it home to take the panels and plates out to clean the carrier... and the ballistic inserts were labeled 'Level IIA'... Glad I did not get shot that day.. I was pissed....Took it back ASAP. full refund with a bunch of hassle and have not gone back...

My .02

I stay away from Q Arms... they screwed me bad with some PACA armor...

I ordered level III, (after about 90 days of trying to get a quote) It came in, I picked it up.. used it for a day, took it home to take the panels and plates out to clean the carrier... and the ballistic inserts were labeled 'Level IIA'... Glad I did not get shot that day.. I was pissed....Took it back ASAP. full refund with a bunch of hassle and have not gone back...

My .02

That is fucking dodgy!

Is that even legal?

I do not know...

They said the inserts were in the carrier, and they did not know... But I also found out the unit they sold me had been the one that had been hanging in their store for about four months...

I will not be back..

Sounds like dodgy business practices that are unethical and placing a LEO's life in danger, worthy of being reported to... ?

I would have been fucking pissed!

Sounds like dodgy business practices that are unethical and placing a LEO's life in danger, worthy of being reported to... ?

I would have been fucking pissed!

I was... At the time it was when I was working for Loomis Armored, but they would have sold that same vest to a soldier/LEO/joe...

I am getting angry all over again :doh: