Chicago shootings and death toll.

I still think Chicago is the greatest city on Earth. Yes, there are neighborhoods to stay aware from, but the city itself is amazing. It has far away the best food scene for any major city. Get away from downtown and experience the little neighborhoods, like Pilsen, and you can see why so many people like myself love it.

I still think Chicago is the greatest city on Earth. Yes, there are neighborhoods to stay aware from, but the city itself is amazing. It has far away the best food scene for any major city. Get away from downtown and experience the little neighborhoods, like Pilsen, and you can see why so many people like myself love it.

Agreed. I went to UIC, then started practicing in an office in Old Town a few years after.

Could have done without the 'everyone for themselves' business environment; that's any modern American big city, though.

I would say to stay the hell away from the south side, but some of the best aforementioned restaurants and blues clubs are there. :thumbsup:8-)

I have the same feelings about my hometown San Antonio, but we ain't leading the nation in murders and shooting's. It may just be particular areas of Chicago (the east side here is pretty damn rough) but you guys have a serious problem that really needs to be addressed. I mean that video showed what looked like a legitimate hit in broad daylight by a well trained person (and its apparently common place now). In one of our nations largest and very popular cities. I don't think anyone is truly going to brush that off and say lets get a pizza and go check out the suburbs...and if that is what is happening, it explains alot of what is going on up there in the inner city.

$.02

I have the same feelings about my hometown San Antonio, but we ain't leading the nation in murders and shooting's. It may just be particular areas of Chicago (the east side here is pretty damn rough) but you guys have a serious problem that really needs to be addressed. I mean that video showed what looked like a legitimate hit in broad daylight by a well trained person (and its apparently common place now). In one of our nations largest and very popular cities. I don't think anyone is truly going to brush that off and say lets get a pizza and go check out the suburbs...and if that is what is happening, it explains alot of what is going on up there in the inner city.

$.02

This is happening is certain areas, yes, mainly on the south/ west side, which have never exactly been a nirvana.

2015 Chicago Murders

As in any fucked up area of a city, looking and acting the grey man helps to not attract the attention of the idiots.

And in certain neighborhoods, to not be white. Or there at all.

The 'burbs are still ok.

This is happening is certain areas, yes, mainly on the south/ west side, which have never exactly been a nirvana.

2015 Chicago Murders

As in any fucked up area of a city, looking and acting the grey man helps to not attract the attention of the idiots.

And in certain neighborhoods, to not be white. Or there at all.

The 'burbs are still ok.

I'd say be armed but that's disingenuous given the laws there.

I'd say be armed but that's disingenuous given the laws there.

Uber driver, licensed to carry gun, shoots gunman in Logan Square

Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman | Fox News

While I agree, there has been some progress in the past two years to help allow law abiding citizens to carry in the city. It is still heavily regulated and restricted on who can carry, but there are a few examples of legal gun concealers protecting others. There are a few others I can think of as well off the top of my head, one of which was caught on tape (I will try and find the link later today).

Agreed. I went to UIC, then started practicing in an office in Old Town a few years after.

Could have done without the 'everyone for themselves' business environment; that's any modern American big city, though.

I would say to stay the hell away from the south side, but some of the best aforementioned restaurants and blues clubs are there. :thumbsup:8-)

I lived in river north for a year and loved it. Once my kids are grown up and out of the house, I will be at retirement age for the Government and plan to find a job in the city so my wife and I can move back there.

You can carry here, but they put a limit on round capacity and where you can carry legally. As @NavyBuyer said a lot has been done in the past two years although I find it typical of Chicago in general that where you would want to carry you are not legally allowed to.

What is a bummer is it is a little hike to get somewhere to shoot, but there are some great spots with really friendly staff.

Back