CI/HUMINT

I'll listen to whatever it is you have to say. I look at it as constructive criticism. Haha I'll keep the friend request there, and will leave it up to you whether or not you accept it.

I have sat down and discussed these things with other SNCO's and the response that I get is that they sympathize with what is happening...and it's my career and that I should submit the package anyways. Now I didn't/won't say that I have messed up SNCO's, but that some of their actions are messed up. I still respect my superiors, they've been around the block and I'm still just a Corporal. I really do love the Marine Corps and I'd like to stay in, however I'm just not happy where I'm at right now. I'm just weighing the pros and cons of my actions right now with this lat move package. I'm sure that I could get it submitted, but how much shit would I stirr doing so...and what will the ripple effect of that be when it concerns to lat move itself.

One thing I learned in the Corps is to not focus too much on where you're at "right now", expecially if it's not to your liking. Things change so quick, before you know it you or the person creating the situation will be gone. Focus on completing the mission, taking care of your Marines, and self-improvement (education, PT, etc); everything else will sort itself out.

My advice...

1) Sit down and talk to your NCOs/SNCOs and figure out why they think you need supervision. Ask for specific incidents (without being a DH about it) and recommendations as to what they think you need to do to improve. Don't challenge them directly, as that's a battle you will lose. Ask for specific advice, take it to heart, and follow up with them in 3-4 weeks to see how (in their eyes) you're doing.

2) Submit the package. The worst that happens is you get turned down for the lat move. Better to try & not make it than to never try at all. If you do get turned down, ask why (if possible) you were turned down. It would most likely be something you can improve on (PFT, language, education, etc).

Semper Fidelis.

Is it alright if I ask about US Army HumInt in this section? I was interested in trying for 0211 when I was in the USMC. I hear it's a little different in what the USMC prioritizes than in the other Branches. But at least a little that I've read is that Type "A" personalities are looked at as ideal. If you're someone who doesn't detect deception or sarcasm in normal conversation, does that mean you aren't a candidate for 35M?

Is it alright if I ask about US Army HumInt in this section? I was interested in trying for 0211 when I was in the USMC. I hear it's a little different in what the USMC prioritizes than in the other Branches. But at least a little that I've read is that Type "A" personalities are looked at as ideal. If you're someone who doesn't detect deception or sarcasm in normal conversation, does that mean you aren't a candidate for 35M?

Jim,

PM me if you wanna know about 35M.

I am currently in IRQ, working TAC-HUMINT now. Been doing this a coon's age... :D

I have some things to say about SIGINT.. but not for this forum.. It had its day here in Iraq.. now with warrant based targetting, there is only humint.

I have some things to say about SIGINT.. but not for this forum.. It had its day here in Iraq.. now with warrant based targetting, there is only humint.

Do you really have the facts to back that? That's horseshit. The best way to get a warrant is to push the "Re-Play" button and ask, "Now, what were you saying about him not being there.........?" That's basic police work, not "spooky intel shit." So, we have intel guys teaching their cops how to investigate, and make the charges righteous.

Do you really know what all SIGINT assets we are/have being/been employed there? Get your head around the "entire" problem -- HUMINT has indeed "been in the lead" (the news) the whole time. But don't tell me that we geeks aren't still in the game - we're still re-writing the rules! ;)

As far as Intel is concerned, I think we've found a balance. We've unfucked what ADM Stansfield Turner did. Do you know who Stansfield Turner was and what he did to the community?

1) Why are you talking about getting into CI/HUMINT on this forum? I'm not trying to be one of those guys that believes everything's classified but I just don't think this belongs here. If you want to private message some people and ask their opinions I see no issue. But an open forum is just not the right way to go about it ESPECIALLY with the job you're looking at going into.

2) Why don't you talk to your recruiter at one of the companies CONUS? They would be able to answer more than some random people on this board (not taking away the credibility of fellow board members).

3) SIGINT is a different entity. Simply put...go talk to someone who possess an MOS in this realm. Don't ask about it on here.

I understand the curiosity, but as they say "Good initiative, poor judgement".

Holy necro-post Batman...

Two things:

First, this thread is nearly two years old.

And secondly, you may want to familiarize yourself with some of the more senior members of this board and their experience before getting on your box about OPSEC/PERSEC . Several of them have more time in boots (in the IC) than you have out of diapers... They know when to reign in the Q/A sessions, as was done here prior to your arrival.

And since I missed your intro, welcome to SS.

Crip

1) Why are you talking about getting into CI/HUMINT on this forum?

Because that's what it's here for. :-|

I'm not trying to be one of those guys that believes everything's classified but I just don't think this belongs here. If you want to private message some people and ask their opinions I see no issue. But an open forum is just not the right way to go about it ESPECIALLY with the job you're looking at going into.

What are you on about? The fact that CI and HUMINT exist is unclassified. The fact that people conduct CI and HUMINT activities is unclassified. Everything discussed in this thread thusfar is unclassified. So what's the problem?

2) Why don't you talk to your recruiter at one of the companies CONUS? They would be able to answer more than some random people on this board (not taking away the credibility of fellow board members).

Right, because no one would want to do some simple research before talking to a recruiter :rolleyes:

3) SIGINT is a different entity. Simply put...go talk to someone who possess an MOS in this realm. Don't ask about it on here. I understand the curiosity, but as they say "Good initiative, poor judgement".

You've been part of this forum for... how many days?... You don't run stuff here-you're not a mod or admin. You have no credibility here yet- no one here is willing to vouch for you, nor have you established yourself as a bona fide subject matter expert. Ergo, you don't tell members how to act and what they can and cannot post. If there was something sensitive in this thread, it would not have taken two years and "you" for us to notice it and get it sorted. Who do you think you are? Just yesterday I attended the Arlington inurnment of a SIGINTer who has been doing the job for probably as long as you've been alive, and who was a mod on this site when he died. He also posted to this thread- two years ago when it was still active. I guess that's an example of the "random people" you were talking about, the ones who can't answer questions.

If you have a problem with something someone is posting, go to the individual. If it is a systemic problem, go to a mod or admin. If you really think something is wrong, report the site to your local CI office- so they can tell you exactly what I've just told you. You bringing up this topic again only serves to highlight the information and call attention to yourself. If you had concerns about the information, why in the world would you want to do that?

Instead of responding to two-year-old necro posts, I think that maybe you should be reading more and posting less for a while, before you really step on it here.

Hit me up offline if you want to discuss this further.

Oh, and if you want to rethink your post, feel free to modify it or delete it as appropriate. Otherwise, do not post again in this thread.

Back