New bill in Arizona.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2833p.pdf

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Title 41, chapter 12, article 5, Arizona Revised Statutes,
is amended by adding section 41-1772, to read:
41-1772. Ammunition coding system database; sale of ammunition;
tax; fund; civil penalty; violation; classification;
definition
A. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2009, A MANUFACTURER SHALL CODE ALL HANDGUN AND ASSAULT WEAPON AMMUNITION THAT IS MANUFACTURED OR SOLD IN THIS STATE.
THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ALL CALIBERS.
B. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2011, A PRIVATE CITIZEN OR A RETAIL VENDOR
SHALL DISPOSE OF ALL NONCODED AMMUNITION THAT IS OWNED OR HELD BY THE CITIZEN
OR VENDOR.

C. THE DEPARTMENT SHALL ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN AN AMMUNITION CODING
SYSTEM DATABASE CONTAINING A MANUFACTURER REGISTRY AND A VENDOR REGISTRY.
D. A MANUFACTURER SHALL:
1. REGISTER WITH THE DEPARTMENT IN A MANNER PRESCRIBED BY THE
DEPARTMENT BY RULE.
2. MAINTAIN RECORDS ON THE BUSINESS PREMISES FOR AT LEAST SEVEN YEARS
CONCERNING ALL SALES, LOANS AND TRANSFERS OF AMMUNITION TO, FROM OR WITHIN
THIS STATE.
3. ENCODE AMMUNITION PROVIDED FOR RETAIL SALE FOR REGULATED FIREARMS
IN A MANNER THAT THE DIRECTOR ESTABLISHES SO THAT:
(a) THE BASE OF THE BULLET AND THE INSIDE OF THE CARTRIDGE CASING OF
EACH ROUND IN A BOX OF AMMUNITION ARE CODED WITH THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER.

(b) EACH SERIAL NUMBER IS ENGRAVED IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IT IS HIGHLY
LIKELY TO PERMIT IDENTIFICATION AFTER AMMUNITION DISCHARGE AND BULLET IMPACT.
(c) THE OUTSIDE OF EACH BOX OF AMMUNITION IS LABELED WITH THE NAME OF THE MANUFACTURER AND THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER USED ON THE CARTRIDGE CASINGS AND BASES OF BULLETS CONTAINED IN THE BOX.
4. PAY THE TAX LEVIED BY SUBSECTION I OF THIS SECTION.
E. A MANUFACTURER SHALL NOT LABEL AMMUNITION CONTAINED IN ONE
AMMUNITION BOX WITH THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER AS THE AMMUNITION CONTAINED IN ANOTHER AMMUNITION BOX THAT IS PRODUCED BY THE SAME MANUFACTURER.
F. A VENDOR SHALL:
1. REGISTER WITH THE DEPARTMENT IN A MANNER PRESCRIBED BY THE
DEPARTMENT BY RULE.
2. RECORD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN A FORMAT PRESCRIBED BY THE
DEPARTMENT:
(a) THE DATE OF THE TRANSACTION.
(b) THE NAME OF THE PURCHASER.
(c) THE PURCHASER'S DRIVER LICENSE NUMBER OR OTHER GOVERNMENT ISSUED
IDENTIFICATION CARD NUMBER.
(d) THE DATE OF BIRTH OF THE PURCHASER.
(e) THE UNIQUE IDENTIFIER OF ALL HANDGUN AMMUNITION OR BULLETS
TRANSFERRED.

WTF!!!??? :mad:

Another way to side step the 2nd amendment end kill our rights, AZ im extremely disappointed!

Yup, looks like all that ammo I just bought has a two year shelf life.
:mad:

And if your ammo get's stolen? :uhh:

Brings up a question: anybody ever done any "seal-a-meal" vacuum packing of ammo?
Is that a smart thing? Any reason NOT to? (any escaping gasses to worry about, etc?)
I mean just to increase the shelf life and all, for long term emergency storage.
}:-)

Oh yeah, BTW:
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

The military ammo battle packs are sealed for many years without issue. :2c:

Sold Out.

I've about given up on him.

Look at the Border situation, for example.
Say you run a big construction company in Texas, Arizona, or California, and live in a gated community...you like cheap illegal labor.

Hell, you can hire by the day, pay less than minimum, and don't have to pay benefits. (this X thousands of workers).

What do you care about the crime that comes with it, (and you'll actually lobby for illegal labor to people like McCain).
What do you care if American's are out of work because of it.
What do you care if crime and kidnappings come to the "working class" neighborhoods.

If you're a blue-collor working man that cares about America, well...different story.
Better take your ammo.
Sold out, Bro.

And I'm not sure if the basic theory behind the numbers are a bad idea. It just wont work. (old/stollen ammo).
And, it's an awfuly lot of freedom(and $$$) to piss away, having to destroy all my EXISTING ammo, etc.
:uhh: C'mon.

It's Probably gonna get worse too, again (from the man himself):
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no-carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

"Some people" must think Criminals have RESPECT for the law...and actually fear the legal consequences...when in fact they only fear the BIG STICK consequances...especially if they can just skitter back across the border (to freely come/go).

Where's John McCain now ? This is his state afterall, is it not ? :rolleyes::uhh:

I am not sure McCain is a gun supporter!

He has not fired a weapon since he left the Navy and he has neer shown any true care as to what goes on with gun laws:confused: I am sure that AZ is saying it will only help us track murders and help us get the bad guy!

So everyone says yep, lets do it!

In the end, it cost you another few $$$ per a box. Or the ammo guys do what Barret did and says "Fuck you" we won't sell to your state now! I wonder how well that will work for all of their LEO's:confused:}:-)

Yup, looks like all that ammo I just bought has a two year shelf life.
:mad:

And if your ammo get's stolen? :uhh:

Brings up a question: anybody ever done any "seal-a-meal" vacuum packing of ammo?
Is that a smart thing? Any reason NOT to? (any escaping gasses to worry about, etc?)
I mean just to increase the shelf life and all, for long term emergency storage.
}:-)

Oh yeah, BTW:
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

You can get a seal a meal, it also works to preserve documents too, Place in bag and vacuum... Ammo actually seals up pretty good by it self. It is a good idea to rotate your stock any way. There is some pretty old military surplus that works fine. Only probably I ever had was some 1942 RG .303 that used cordite as a propellant. Seems the cordite had a shelf life. If it is cheap enough, one can pull components and reload.

Other thing, I shoot using a burm, Later I will mine the bullets. Cast bullets work, though a reduce load is used. There many ways to stop shooters from shooting and there are many ways to keep shooting.

Never underestimate human ingenuity. (either direction)

This time.

remember:

I'm still gonna get the seal-a-meal fired up. Lots of 12ga ammo, and some 30-06, and .40 to stash. Probably some .22 and 9mm for good measure.

seal o meal

a buddy of mine grandfather died and left him an old Colt 45 he used when he was in the Army.It had never been fired and was loaded for a lot of years. He and I took it out and fired it and the ammo was still in good working order and so was the 45 Is it really a problem? I have about a thousand rounds of 9 mil for my pistol everytime i take it out to shoot i buy double what i shoot to make up for it. Will the ammo really go bad?

Will the ammo really go bad?

The word I'm getting is "not really"...in other words, not in our lifetime, unless it gets contaminated in water, chemicals, heat/cold effects (expansion/contraction) etc.

But why take the chance?

I'm thinking that it would just be extra good measure to vacuum pack it.

Combine that statement with the possible "Cop Killer" ammo ban...and I guess we better start practicing Self Defense(legally) on moving headshot sized targets with our .380 (or LESS) ammunition. (or maybe "birdshot"?)

I did hear they're pushing this again on a National Level.
I will research into it more, and find out.

Back