College entrance "scandal"

Devildoc

Verified Military
I am sure glad that it was necessary to use the expertise of the FBI to investigate such a heinous crime.

Maybe they can conduct some important NCAA violation interviews right after they leave the building from conducting "Russian" interference interviews....

That seems like an awful lot of money to get your shitbag kid into college. I get it is illegal, and think that it ought to be prosecuted.

Can't be a system for the rich and a second for everyone else, not sure if it requires prison time. Getting kicked out of the colleges seems right to me.

If daddy has a building erected, upon which is etched his name, that's OK. If Billy Bob Star Quarterback has his SAT 'adjusted,' that's OK. If my dumbass son gets preferential treatment because he is a legacy, that's OK. I am having a hard time manufacturing outrage.

Are they seriously wanting to put someone in prison for this??

Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among 50 snared in elite college cheating scam, authorities say
Hope so.

They won't, just large fines.

I guarantee this will make waves in Texas, Getting accepted to UT is huge down here, with TAMU a close 2nd. Finding out that a coach brought a bogus recruit in will get looked at, and it should. Prospective athletes should meet the same requirements as anyone else (never gonna happen as Football, Basketball and Baseball generate too much money).

It's pay to play.

Asian/White privilege. ;-)

If daddy has a building erected, upon which is etched his name, that's OK. If Billy Bob Star Quarterback has his SAT 'adjusted,' that's OK. If my dumbass son gets preferential treatment because he is a legacy, that's OK. I am having a hard time manufacturing outrage.

Are they seriously wanting to put someone in prison for this??

Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among 50 snared in elite college cheating scam, authorities say

They’re charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud. Kid you not.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/us/indictment-college-admissions-scheme/index.html

Hope so.

They won't, just large fines.

I guarantee this will make waves in Texas, Getting accepted to UT is huge down here, with TAMU a close 2nd. Finding out that a coach brought a bogus recruit in will get looked at, and it should. Prospective athletes should meet the same requirements as anyone else (never gonna happen as Football, Basketball and Baseball generate too much money).

It's pay to play.

Asian/White privilege. ;-)

Understood. We have a local academic institution, UNC, which has always prided itself on being academically rigorous with world class Athletics who was busted for providing nonexistent classes to athletes. That was years ago and there is still fall out.

Wake Forest has been implicated in this current scheme, as has Yale.

Ben Shapiro writing about the “why”.

The question is why. Both these families are wealthy. The children of these families weren’t going to lack for opportunity in life. Furthermore, isn’t college designed to train people for the real world? Wouldn’t admission under false pretenses result in the kids flunking out? Wouldn’t their lack of merit be revealed by the simple pressure of the schooling?

The answer is obvious: no, it wouldn’t. Colleges aren’t about training kids for the real world, or teaching them significant modes of thinking, or examining timeless truths. Universities aren’t about skill sets, either – at least in the humanities. They’re about two things: credentialism and social connections.

Famous Actresses Paid Bundles Of Money To Bribe Their Kids' Way Into College. Here's Why.

Trump Tweet expressing his disappointment in the Hollywood elite in 3..2..1...

People absolutely need to go to prison over this. I’d also love to see some students get booted from the schools they got into based on fraud, and to see some degrees get revoked for students who knew, or who should have known, that their admissions were bogus.

And I’d really like to see some lawsuits from people who got waitlisted and never got in because these clowns bribed and conspired their way in.

Last edited:
People absolutely need to go to prison over this. I’d also love to see some students get booted from the schools they got into based on fraud, and to see some degrees get revoked for heads who knew, or who should have known, that their admissions were bogus.

And I’d really like to see some lawsuits from people who got waitlisted and never got in because these clowns bribed and conspired their way in.

If these were public schools sure but private schools should be able to admit whoever they choose. Maybe payback any federal monies?

I’m not talking about the schools, although they may bear some culpability as well. The schools should sanction the students if they got in through bribery, or at least make them re-apply. And if they knew they cheated to get in, they should have their degrees revoked if they are grads.

The people who didn’t get in should sue the people who defrauded them out of their spots in tjese life-changing schools.

Back