Concealed Carry & Nice Clothes

For what it is worth I have been carrying concealed for a couple decades. I have a slender build so printing is always an issue. Previous advise in this thread is spot on, and to state the obvious... to CC a weapon, any weapon, IMO should be approached in a similar fashion to building a gear list for an "operation" (albeit a watered down approach). You should tailor to the "mission"- walk in the park, a night on the town, shopping, etc...

For warm / hot days when thin clothing is required I carry AIWB a snubnose 2in bb .38 revolver in a Kydex holster that covers only the muzzle, barrel, trigger guard & trigger w/ tuckable clip. Works excellent with shorts and a t-shirt.

When wearing pants and a collar shirt I fluctuate between a single stack or double stack semi-autos w/ 3.0- 3.4 in. bb in Kydex holster AIWB, again depends on my intent for the outing.

Personally, Concealed Carry, to be effective, should be a lifestyle.

More to your point Hate Ape, a buddy carries his Glock in a rig similar to the one pictured below- AIWB. It is his EDC holster, and I mean literally everyday. Thing is he always has his shirt un-tucked...

I agree with Diamondback's recommendation, because it has a tuckable clip. Straps prohibit tucking in a shirt and require a belt.

upload_2017-2-28_21-56-2.jpeg

just my 2c.

For what it is worth I have been carrying concealed for a couple decades. I have a slender build so printing is always an issue. Previous advise in this thread is spot on, and to state the obvious... to CC a weapon, any weapon, IMO should be approached in a similar fashion to building a gear list for an "operation" (albeit a watered down approach). You should tailor to the "mission"- walk in the park, a night on the town, shopping, etc...

For warm / hot days when thin clothing is required I carry AIWB a snubnose 2in bb .38 revolver in a Kydex holster that covers only the muzzle, barrel, trigger guard & trigger w/ tuckable clip. Works excellent with shorts and a t-shirt.

When wearing pants and a collar shirt I fluctuate between a single stack or double stack semi-autos w/ 3.0- 3.4 in. bb in Kydex holster AIWB, again depends on my intent for the outing.

Personally, Concealed Carry, to be effective, should be a lifestyle.

More to your point Hate Ape, a buddy carries his Glock in a rig similar to the one pictured below- AIWB. It is his EDC holster, and I mean literally everyday. Thing is he always has his shirt un-tucked...

I agree with Diamondback's recommendation, because it has a tuckable clip. Straps prohibit tucking in a shirt and require a belt.

View attachment 18165

just my 2c.

I generally agree with you, I just define the mission as winning the potential gunfight (against which possibility I am wearing the gun in the first place). If I knew when and were I'd be in a gunfight I probably wouldn't go there, but the truth is it's a wholly unpredictable thing. I can't predict when or where so my decision is based around what gun I'll be comfortable defending myself with in a fluid, unpredictable situation against an unknown number of bad guys. Therefore 95% of the time I find myself wearing either a Glock 19 w/light and RMR or a Government Model with light (all with extra ammo). When I am going for really deep concealment it's the Glock 43 all day.

Of course, doing so requires some sartorial compromises the OP probably won't choose to make. The 43 is a capable gun in the OPs hands, and he'll be able to hide it in an IWB or AIWB rig. Even the Blackhawk ARC isn't a bad rig, and it's cheap. I would recommend switching out the clip with Raven Concealment's tuckable clips, especially the C-clips. That's an easy and inexpensive way to turn many Kydex holsters into an AIWB/IWB solution.

You're spot on about this being a lifestyle choice. Being inconspicuously armed in public requires a commitment to making particular choices, maintaining competency, etc.

I generally agree with you, I just define the mission as winning the potential gunfight (against which possibility I am wearing the gun in the first place). If I knew when and were I'd be in a gunfight I probably wouldn't go there, but the truth is it's a wholly unpredictable thing. I can't predict when or where so my decision is based around what gun I'll be comfortable defending myself with in a fluid, unpredictable situation against an unknown number of bad guys. Therefore 95% of the time I find myself wearing either a Glock 19 w/light and RMR or a Government Model with light (all with extra ammo). When I am going for really deep concealment it's the Glock 43 all day.

Of course, doing so requires some sartorial compromises the OP probably won't choose to make. The 43 is a capable gun in the OPs hands, and he'll be able to hide it in an IWB or AIWB rig. Even the Blackhawk ARC isn't a bad rig, and it's cheap. I would recommend switching out the clip with Raven Concealment's tuckable clips, especially the C-clips. That's an easy and inexpensive way to turn many Kydex holsters into an AIWB/IWB solution.

You're spot on about this being a lifestyle choice. Being inconspicuously armed in public requires a commitment to making particular choices, maintaining competency, etc.

Yes, a much better description of mindsett than what I provided.

You also gave the 1st & most impotant IMO rule of Self Defense- don't willingly put yourself in a bad situation.

Back