Covert Entry for LEO/MIL

Just got the official word from my agency. No on the training, which was foreseen, but also No on even giving me training time to do it on behalf of the agency. So as of now, it will be out of pocket and on personal leave time. Which sucks but ill do it. I am still waiting to see what the Navy says and also on the course in Eglin.

This is the reason I am seriously starting to devote more time and effort into moving into an either SOF or SOF support type MOS. The initial train up includes a lot of very good training and the add-ons usually are pretty good as well. Sick of this attitude of hypocrisy. I know that SOF units and SOF support units have their own budgetary issues but they are usually given more training or opportunities to train.

Last edited:
I can't say that I am surprised. Too many managers are near sighted and see no need for training beyond what is already provided. With the implementation of the current "high risk" training program and it being pushed to a lot of guys around the country, its only going to get worse as a lot of guys have hailed it as the "best training ever." This is based on the fact that it is the only training they have received outside of the academy setting. Once a few folks at the top are gone, it may or may not change, based on who the replacements are. In 10 years I have watched it get a lot better only to watch it get worse again.

I can't say that I am surprised. Too many managers are near sighted and see no need for training beyond what is already provided. With the implementation of the current "high risk" training program and it being pushed to a lot of guys around the country, its only going to get worse as a lot of guys have hailed it as the "best training ever." This is based on the fact that it is the only training they have received outside of the academy setting. Once a few folks at the top are gone, it may or may not change, based on who the replacements are. In 10 years I have watched it get a lot better only to watch it get worse again.

I find your optimism refreshing and inspiring...

Oh well, may as well close this thread down. I got a no across the board from all avenues. Not gonna happen unless I both flip the bill and take personal leave. Also, the course in Eglin is closed off as well so back to the drawing boards. Thanks for all the suggestions otherwise, gents.

You might also hit up a local locksmith and get up to speed on the technical lock picking aspects. Learn the tools and how the locks work. Hell if you tell them some bullshit secret squirrel stuff, the will probably let you play for free, with all the advice you can handle. Same shit with getting into cars, talk to the people who do it for an occupation, some of the best stuff I learned on covert shit was from a walmart loss prevention agent and AAA road service man.

My $.02

Back