CQB: Ruminations on the meaning

That’s awesome man, I really appreciate the feed back. With Law Enforcement training I tend to take it with a grain of salt. There seems to be a bunch of “bro science” being used and lacking experience to back it. I’m good with “bro science” if you’ve had that experience. I tend to take military members experiences over LE experiences. It’s not a knock on LE, it just wasn’t where I grew up.

Thank you again,
Stay safe.

"BS" with a lack of experience. You can say that a thousand more times. Even in an infantry platoon the amount of stupid stuff I heard about CQB was staggering. Also, be careful of the "bro science if you've had that experience". If I had a Benjamin for every time I've heard "SSgt. so-and-so said this is how they did it in Fallujah", I could buy everyone in this thread NVGs.

"BS" with a lack of experience. You can say that a thousand more times. Even in an infantry platoon the amount of stupid stuff I heard about CQB was staggering. Also, be careful of the "bro science if you've had that experience". If I had a Benjamin for every time I've heard "SSgt. so-and-so said this is how they did it in Fallujah", I could buy everyone in this thread NVGs.

Most of the closed mindedness I see when I go to classes are military dudes saying the same type of thing. I try to go into all of it with an open mind and take away parts I can fit into my plan of action. Everyone has an opinion, but that’s all it is. I think most of the, “this how we didn’t it in Fallujah..” guys just want to tell their story and make sure people know what their experiences are. Sometimes I think it’s just dick measuring as well, and sometimes it’s 100% fabricated...

Most of the closed mindedness I see when I go to classes are military dudes saying the same type of thing. I try to go into all of it with an open mind and take away parts I can fit into my plan of action. Everyone has an opinion, but that’s all it is. I think most of the, “this how we didn’t it in Fallujah..” guys just want to tell their story and make sure people know what their experiences are. Sometimes I think it’s just dick measuring as well, and sometimes it’s 100% fabricated...

Going into it with an open mind is about all you can do unless you know you're getting some good stuff and can trust the instructor.

In relation to what I was referencing, the SNCO was 100% legit, but most of what was being "taught" was flat-out wrong. Most people seem to forget that it is battles like Fallujah that are the reason we have developed TTPs/schooling beyond "just get in the room as fast as you can and shoot bad guy in face".

Back