Cursing Female Navy Captain Booted From Ship.

It was a Time article not a Newsweek article I read. Also it wasn't a Chief of the Boat but a Master Chief in a "time-out".

" She also allegedly put a "well-respected master chief" in "time out" — standing in the ship's key control room doing nothing — "in front of other watch standers of all ranks."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1969602,00.html?hpt=Sbin#ixzz0hQPnHw1n

This is an interesting read of a Navy Chaplains account from a previous boat she commanded that she ran aground and broke a prop on the boat and was abusive there but still got promoted and other commands.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1970226,00.html?iid=sphere-inline-sidebar

Ahhh...equality...ain't it grand! This is equal opportunity at its finest!

Not only do we have a corrupt and abusive female commander but we have the flag-rank female older sister trying to protect/help her sibling. The only thing that is lacking to make this an EO Wet Dream is a racial minority angle...

So lets turn over attack and missile subs next...i mean...what could possibly go wrong there?

Five or ten years from now...we'll see this same story...only the characters will be gay (lesbian) lovers....And there will be the predictable howls of outrage from the usual suspects about bias, prejudice, unfairness etc....

As long as we have "equality" and "equal opportunity"...

<facepalm>

/snark

Damn. I'm not even that bad. What a cuntwipe.

You've still got it babe. :cool:

My only beef is the Capt. Bligh comparison. He was a great seaman and an ex-govenor of New South Wales. They're not in the same league so it's apples and oranges.

Nasty little cunt; they need to retire her ass with minimal (if any) fanfare. They also need to (but won't) let the corporate world know she is not welcome, that might impact her job prospects. Corporations might avoid her anyway; she is a litigation risk.

Officers are appointed their authority to lead. Not to have God complexes. Fuck her....

My guess is that this was NOT a topic at any speech/event for International Women's Equality Day, during Women's History Month or any other "empowerment" event. (just sayin'...)

I wonder if people who knew her earlier in her career would say "I saw this coming" or if this behaviour is a more recent development.

Usually it's the former.

I wonder if people who knew her earlier in her career would say "I saw this coming" or if this behaviour is a more recent development.

Usually it's the former.

From post #5...

"Capt. Holly Graf has gotten away with plenty since she graduated from the Naval Academy in 1985. The fierce, foul-mouthed martinet - who more than once hurled coffee cups and other objects at underlings who had "displeased" her - was protected for years by indulgent brass hats and superior officers who didn't dare anger the feminists and politicians who demand total "political correctness."

(FROM A CLASSMATE OF HOLLY GRAF - AND LISA NOWAK)

"She (Graf) was an incompetent b...h, whose only concern was for herself. She saw subordinates as either stepping stones or objects to crush. A horrible woman!"

(FROM A FELLOW OFFICER WHO SERVED WITH GRAF AT SEA)

"I knew her when she was an XO on a destroyer. (MCC withholds the name of the ship to protect identity of writer) The news of her relief of command, especially for cruelty and maltreatment, that doesn't surprise me at all. What took them so long? She was mean and sadistic back then, and didn't give one damn about the crew."

(FROM A NAVAL OFFICER, NOW RETIRED)

"Graf was an arrogant, obnoxious brat who knew she could get away with anything. In my 24 years in the Navy, I never met a worse officer than her. The woman was malicious and just "out-of-control." Thank God she won't make admiral now. Her ticket was already punched. The CNO is nuts if he lets her stay in the Navy after this."

With this officers behavior, why does anyone find it necessary to even attach a sex to it at all. This sort of behavior is deplorable no matter what the sex.

Because of the very strong likelihood that she was given a pass because of her plumbing. Women should be outraged this woman was promoted at all.

Because of the very strong likelihood that she was given a pass because of her plumbing. Women should be outraged this woman was promoted at all.

Yep.

The Military (can only really speak for the Army but I'm sure the others are the same) are ridiculously PC when it comes to females.

We were threatened with charges of sexual assault if we didn't wear spandex under our PT shorts because a female might see some genitalia while doing flutter kicks etc...

With this officers behavior, why does anyone find it necessary to even attach a sex to it at all. This sort of behavior is deplorable no matter what the sex.

This is SO MUCH about gender - especially so in a politically correct environment that almost REQUIRES categorization by gender, race, and (soon) sexual orientation.

This will be sorted out when women decide enough is enough. (I'm not holding my breath - there is too much to gain by the various groups by maintaining this polarization.)

As you all know Im not military but I have to say this woman AND the fact the Navy elevated her to this status pisses ME off. As said above its about gender for sure. I would think that women would try to be as good as if not "better" than men and not in "cursing and loathsome behavior 101". If acting this way makes her think she is as good as or tougher than a man could be she is dead wrong. She makes herself look like an ass and ruins the potential for any other woman to be promoted to a leadership position. My Grandma used to say "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar". I dont think the Captain should be be having tea parties or anything like that..but a kind word and positive attitude goes alot further than her boorish and reckless behavior does. She is a piss poor manager and should have never ever been given a leadership position. Thats just the civi chick's two pennies.:2c:

That's my point exactly. I am pissed as hell she got as far as she did. This problem shoulda been bud nipped years ago. If I'm out there to do the same job as anyone else, male or female, I expect to be held to the same criteria. I don't expect "special consideration" because of my indoor plumbing

That's my point exactly. I am pissed as hell she got as far as she did. This problem shoulda been bud nipped years ago. If I'm out there to do the same job as anyone else, male or female, I expect to be held to the same criteria. I don't expect "special consideration" because of my indoor plumbing

sigh, if only that were true here in the 'real' world, alas...

I agree with that, I just wish everyone else did.

The larger problem here is what was touched upon in an earlier thread, the one about placing women on submarines. The Navy has a track record of giving women a pass with regard to standards. We aren't doing anyone in this country any favors by allowing women into jobs and then accepting performance levels below that of their male counterparts. And so folks don't think I'm bashing just the Navy, I've seen the Army and AF do this too.

As long as women use their WMD to their advantage, as long as guys play into it, as long as we're in fear of not "doing the right thing" then these problems will continue.

Our military exists to defend this nation, it is not a social experiment.

Our military exists to defend this nation, it is not a social experiment.

I'm waiting for the day when BUD/S and SF and Ranger are open to women. It's just a matter of time, not if, but when.

"How hard is it to pull a trigger?"............................it's pretty damn hard when you have to Freefall into open water, subsurface scuba infil with gear, crawl onto beach in the middle of the night, build your hidesite, take recon photos and exfil back into the ocean out to a recovery platform with all the gear you dragged in.

Back