Custom (embroidered) hats

LimaOscarSierraTango

Infantry
Verified Military
I bought my flag hat years ago and they embroidered cross rifles on the back for me. I totally forgot who I bought the hat from.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of any places that can embroider hats, or create a patch from a pic and sew that patch onto a hat.

ETA: Zazzle wants $50 to convert the jpg to an embroidery file. Not worth it to me for a small run of hats.

Last edited:
$50 for a dst. file is about average. Some embroiderers will wave the setup fee for a decent enough size order but it doesn't sound like you're spending much $.

I'd talk to www.specialforces.com The admin for the site is a member here and the owner is Retired Army.

Let me know if you need help with artwork...

Two options. One, Mr. Kim in Korea: crcmall@hotmail.com. I've dealt with him for years, top quality products. He's the one that did the site coins a couple of years back. Second, the correctional facility at Leavenworth. They make things like hats, mousepads, etc., and they'll do small-sized runs. As in individual items if that's what you want. I don't remember their site address but I used them for years as well.

Mara.... you would have a contact at Leavenworth... an OBC buddy of yours? like the former CPT Criss? (hint hint on the case study you hoser)

After I read this, I had to type an email to a much-senior-than-me officer, and I signed it "Faith" instead of my real last name. Fortunately I noticed it before I sent the message. Your Jedi mind tricks are powerful...

After I read this, I had to type an email to a much-senior-than-me officer, and I signed it "Faith" instead of my real last name. Fortunately I noticed it before I sent the message. Your Jedi mind tricks are powerful...

American Jedi... been to the course, got the tab... No, really, I have the Tab... I keep it on my Maxpedition range bag.

Second, the correctional facility at Leavenworth. They make things like hats, mousepads, etc., and they'll do small-sized runs. As in individual items if that's what you want. I don't remember their site address but I used them for years as well.

Sir,

Mrs. Hamel at Ft. Leavenworth is great to deal with and no one else can even come close to touching her prices (including special ordering caps they don't have in stock). Thank you for the suggestion!

For anyone that is interested: http://usdb.leavenworth.army.mil/SalesStore.html

I'm telling you bro, either Mr. Kim or the convicts at Leavenworth can probably beat the pants off of any deal you're getting for your BSC product line. I attest to the quality of both outfits.

DHL pretty much own China when it comes to Air Shipments.. It's a slippery slope with them sometimes though.. I've cursed them many times :wall:

Does Mr Kim do small orders? (less than 144pcs.) Just curious... Does he ship air or slow boat?

Yes he does. I wanted to order a hat that wasn't in his normal stock, and since my order was so small, he said he would have to wait until he put in another order. Mrs. Hamel beat his prices, AND was willing to special order the hats I wanted right away. Both had excellent customer service.

UPDATE

I received my order, and I must say Bradley Manning (or whoever the convicts were) did a superb job on the cap. Mrs. Hamel will be getting a nice thank you letter from me and I highly recommend her for fast turnaround and a high quality product with over the top customer service. I will be a repeat customer! :thumbsup:

Back