CW2 Edward Cantrell

That is horrible. As a father of two little ones, it just rips at my heart strings. RIP Isabella and Natalia, and Chief Cantrell. Thank you for your service. Prayers out to Mrs. Cantrell, friends, and family.

Read about it on yahoo-AP as well, horrible event. RIP Chief Cantrell, prayers and condolences out to family and friends.

I can't imagine what his wife and son are going through... RIP to the Chief and his two girls.

Prayers to Chief Cantrell's wife and family. Rest in peace to Chief and his little ones. :(. So sad. DOL

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/06/us/north-carolina-soldier-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

A decorated U.S. soldier died Tuesday morning along with his two young daughters as he attempted to rescue the girls from their burning North Carolina home, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said.
Chief Warrant Officer II Edward Duane Cantrell, 36, was a member of the 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.
The Green Beret had returned in August from his latest overseas deployment, said Lt. Col. April Olsen, spokeswoman for U.S. Army Services Command at Fort Bragg.
His wife, Louise, told officials the family was upstairs when the fire broke out just before 2 a.m. Tuesday in Hope Mills, a suburb of Fayetteville.
She jumped from a second-floor window and ran next door to call for help while her husband went to get their daughters, ages, 4 and 6, said Debbie Tanna, spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.

Very sad indeed..

RIP to CWO Cantrell and his two little girls. Prayers out to his wife.

I can't imagine the pain of Mrs Cantrell's heartache or the emotion the Chief felt in his final moments. I pray none of us ever do.

Anyone closer to this know that Mrs Cantrell is being looked after?

Back